Couch 2 5K app

Options
Does anyone have any ideas how I would log in my workouts using the Couch25k app. It is a jogging/walking app that works you up slowly to running a 5K. Thanks!

Replies

• uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For the days in which you have running and walking intervals, I just added up the total amount of time I walked and the total amount of time I ran and logged the walking and running separately. I used mapmyrun app which tells you your average pace and used that for logging my run speed
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For the days in which you have running and walking intervals, I just added up the total amount of time I walked and the total amount of time I ran and logged the walking and running separately. I used mapmyrun app which tells you your average pace and used that for logging my run speed

^ This. I also have the "Map My Run" app going at the same time in the background... and at the end I use the calories it tells me i burned on the walk/run to give me an idea of how accurate my calculations were. Its usually pretty close.
  • smittenkitten4
    Options
    I log it as "race walking" because I've found that the estimate MFP gives for that is closest to the number on my HRM, but you may have different results than I do.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I use mapMyRun or Endomondo but their calories always seemed a bit high to me so I just worked on the basis of 100cals per mile which is a good estimate for most people.

Failing that a HRM is a good investment. You can get expensive all singing all dancing ones but I've got a 12pound one from Aldi that does the trick nicely :-)
  • krsloane
    Options
    I'm also logging in separate at this point, but today I finally used the odometer in my car this morning to see how far I've been going. Today when I workout, I'm going to calculate my average mph I think and maybe log it that way this week and see what the calorie difference is.