..... AND then SUPRISED

Options
i ate horrible on friday, saturday, and sunday, and also monday.....shoot! so, i wasn't going to log anything in for those days because i was out of town, and didn't have the internet.....but to my surprise i lost 1 pound when i weighed myself on monday morning :D

this is so strange.

Replies

• pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i ate horrible on friday, saturday, and sunday, and also monday.....shoot! so, i wasn't going to log anything in for those days because i was out of town, and didn't have the internet.....but to my surprise i lost 1 pound when i weighed myself on monday morning :D

this is so strange.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight--you might have been retaining a little fluid before and now lost it.

Could also be maybe that the change in diet jolted your system.

But I'd go with the water weight-sorry!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight--you might have been retaining a little fluid before and now lost it.

Could also be maybe that the change in diet jolted your system.

But I'd go with the water weight-sorry!!

She lost a pound, why are you sorry?

Good for you! Keep up the good work and lets stop cheating. Memorial day is over! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • pavang82
    Options
    Thanks! Getting back into my routine today though!:smile:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    If you had been eating really clean for like 2 weeks before this weekend, it may have been that the huge amount of calories you ate this weekend is what your body needed! I have read numerous times that to break a plateau we need to shock our systems by going over calories or under calories for a little bit. That is why I allow myself a cheat day every 2 weeks!

1 pound down is awesome..good for you!
  • pavang82
    Options
    If you had been eating really clean for like 2 weeks before this weekend, it may have been that the huge amount of calories you ate this weekend is what your body needed! I have read numerous times that to break a plateau we need to shock our systems by going over calories or under calories for a little bit. That is why I allow myself a cheat day every 2 weeks!

true, i ate clean for the past weeks, but i thought that extra calories don't carry over.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Sorry that it just might be water weight--but that usually stays off for me once I lose it.

I agree, too, that it might have been what you needed to break a plateau. That's what I meant when i said maybe it was the shock needed. Thankfully, I haven't hit a plateau yet but have read where others needed something like that to break one.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options

true, i ate clean for the past weeks, but i thought that extra calories don't carry over.

No, extra calories don't carry over. What I meant really was you changed up dramtically how you had been eating for the past few weeks and it shocked your system so much that you lost a pound!