DDP yoga

Options
I tried to search for previous threads on this, but I'm tired and it's easier to just post a new one, LOL :noway:

Looking for comments and/or reviews on DDP Yoga (link) > http://www.diamonddallaspage.com/

Very inspirational transformation > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

I watched Arthur's story and it seemed genuine. I have a reoccurring back problem(disc wiggles out of place sometimes) that requires some low impact stuff and weight loss before I go nuts in the gym or bouncing around in Zumba. Not to mention my knees are not my friends right now.

This looks like might be a low impact routine that would improve stamina and flexibility, with a cardio boost.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has done the program.
If anyone wants to suggest something different, that would be welcome also.

Thanks,
Gypsy

Replies

• gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • schas67
    Options
    Wish I could offer you some help with this. I am unable to do any exercise, other than what I have learned at Physical Therapy. That only involves laying down doing stretch-type exercises while laying down. I will be watching to see any good response you might get, as I hope to be exercising soon. Whatever you decide to start doing.....please be careful! I admire your obsession with fact-finding and doing this right, but too many times in the past, I have jumped into too much exercise only to end up sidelined. And then, of course, never getting back to it after healed.

Stacey
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    DDP's yoga is what I want for Christmas! But sorry, I don't have actual experience with the workouts. I do have spinal problems and have found pilates and yoga helpful. I do the CoreFusion pllates plus DVD by Exhale and Rodney Yee's Back Care yoga DVD. The pilates is more intense and emphasizes using your core's stabilizer muscles. Yee's workout is more mellow and focuses on stretching the spine, but I feel peaceful afterward and my spine feels good so I don't remind that the calorie burn isn't much.

Good luck finding a workout. If you try DDP's yoga, let us know how it is. Thanks.
  • Rikki_Sixx
    Rikki_Sixx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did you try this out gypsyrose? I was doing one of the old YRG workouts a few times a week recently and enjoyed it so much that I ordered a set of the new DDP Yoga DVDs.

I really love it, but lately I haven't done as much as I should! It definitely feels like a good work-out and I can feel myself getting stronger and more flexible, but I haven't seen much weight-loss yet as I've been eating like a pig.. whoops!
  • gypsyrose64
    Options
    Not yet. Money is tight, and I've put it off until I get things settled. I want to get them.
    Do you get your heart-rate up with the workout? Just curious.
  • gypsyrose64
    Options
    Just got my DVDs in and did the intro tonight! First impressions= I LOVE IT! No impact on the joints, back feels great and my heart rate was up the entire time. Will update after I've gone through a couple weeks doing it. Definitely worth it for someone like me that can't take ANY impact right now on my back.