Looking for pals around my age (47) to get this done!!!

Options
Hi, looking for any women around my age, 47, to support each other. Hopefully having "pals" to be accountable too will help. I need to lose about 50lbs and just haven't been able to get going on my own. This time HAS TO BE DIFFERENT!!! :):happy:

Replies

• Luv2scuba2
    Options
    Hi, I'm a bit older (55), but i'm looking for some support as well. I have just over 50 lbs to lose as well, having lost around 35 already. This time it is DIFFERENT! What goals do you have besides the weight loss?
  • T2Jeanne
    Options
    I would love to have/share support with someone who understands how tough it is to stay motivated. Old habits creep back too easily! I am 43 and want to idealy loose 108 pounds. I am a T2 diabetic and cannot afford a gym so there is no support or equipment ... just me. I have started to walk with my girls but it is sooo very slow!
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent you a request, I'm just about to turn 46 and need to drop another 50 :) I've been tracking my food and working out regularly since mid-september and as of this morning, 10 pounds gone!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 49 and have a total of 65-70 lbs to lose. So far, I am down 25 & 1/2 lbs. like you, I have decided this has to be a lifestyle change this time! I'm tired of working hard to lose 60 lbs, then gaining it all back, then having to start all over again. It's definitely got harder for me to lose weight once I reached my mid-40s and for a while I had just given up. Finally I got motivated, and I am seeing that it can be done (not as fast as in my 20s or 30s, or even early 40s, but it is coming off).

Congrats on your decision to get healthy! You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like:)

Have a great day!
    Tracy
  • MagicWhispers
    Options
    I am 48 and looking to lose at least 100 lbs.. feel free to add me if you like... the more the merrier:)
  • pbird65
    pbird65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of a group. I am 47 and I want to lose 50 lbs. I don't eat any processed foods but my caloric intake is still too high. I could also use some support!
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 and looking to loose about 40lbs, could use some extra friends and motivation, I have been back on MFP about 2 weeks and I too am determined to make it happen this time!! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • luke1james
    Options
    Hi. I'm turning 48 in two weeks and recently joined because I am so frustrated with myself. I lost weight 11 years ago and kept it off for six years or seven years, but have gradually put it all back on after back and knee surgery -- and now I'm right back where I started. I need to take off 40 lbs and it is really hard for me to commit this time. The last time I was successful, I was really disciplined with working out. I can not work out intensely like I used to do and can't seem to stay motivated. I would love support from others who are struggling. My goal is to get back to my healthy lifestyle, fit into my clothes again, and feel good about myself before I turn 50 :)
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    Hi. I am 42 and have about 60 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as I plan on this being the last time I have to lose this weight.
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42 years old and could use some extra friends & support. Add me as a friend if you'd like and I will do my best to support you.
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi I am 47 at the moment !! 48 next month ;/ would love to suport you send a request if you like bye :smile:
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    feel free to add me for extra motivation and support!
  • L_Cass
    L_Cass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just turned 49 and need motivation too! I don't want to lose much - only 10 - 15 lbs. but God love me I can't seem to do it on my own! I've gained and lost the same 5 lbs 10 times over the last 3 years.

Let's do this!! I refuse to buy bigger pants :)
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Recently turned 48 and trying to lose, ideally, about 80 lbs...have lost 11 so far. Anyone can add me if they like - we all need all the support we can get :)
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I'm 42 and have about 55 more pounds to shed to reach my ultimate weight goal. I've been on MFP for a little over a year and am pushing through this next phase. I'm here for the long haul.....!
  • 65dawnmarie
    65dawnmarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and also need support ! You can add me if you like.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    46, down 60 and looking to go all the way to a bikini...no settling for this girl...added you!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and I have about 30 lbs to go to hit my goal weight. I have sent friend request. Anyone else can feel free to add me as well. =)
  • queenmadge
    Options
    I have just turned 49 and I am also looking for support. I have a couple of relatively minor health issues and want to stop that before my health gets worse. I am a shortie and have about 45 pounds I want to drop. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I haven't completely gotten the hang of navigating the site so bear with my sometimes slow response:-).
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me if you like! I am 53, I work out every day and I log in here everyday. Have already made my weight goal, but use this to stay motivated and on track and to encourage others!