P90X question to those dedicated to it

Options
gpies
gpies Posts: 56 Member
Hi to all of those that do P90X - I've heard so much about this lately and it has definitely peaked my interest. For all of you that have invested in the set, I wanted to get your opinion on it. Do you feel as though it is worth the investment? Do you feel as though you have had success with it? Do you feel that you have "stuck" with it since you've made the purchase? Would you recommend it? I enjoy workout videos when I am not running so I think I would be fine with following it all and my overall fitness level I'd say is good to very good so I'm not afraid to get into it. I just wanted your thoughts. Also, did it take long for you to see positive results? thank you all for any input!!

Replies

• jpetersen217
    Options
    A few good friends of mine (who were not particularly athletic prior to the program) just finished P90X and from what I've seen it's definitely worth it! They were very dedicated to the program and to eating healthy throughout the 90 days - I don't think any exercise program can out burn a bad diet. But they both look great now! I started out doing the program with them and absolutely loved the workouts, but dropped out because of constant schedule conflicts. The taped definitely kick your butt, so be prepared. And there were times when I was faithful to it at the beginning that I really missed just going for a good run. But all in all if you're willing to commit to the full 90 day program and watch your diet throughout, I definitely would recommend them.
  • AlterKnight
    Options
    It is definitely worth the investment (time and money). I had a few "false starts", in other words I quit, however I am in week 9 of 13 with the finish line in sight.

As far as success, view this page: http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/46619006 and look for my pics (alterknight) of day 3 and 53 - it only gets better from here (looks like you will have to copy and paste the link into your address bar).

It is a commitment, to a degree: 6 days a week for about an hour. However, almost everyone can carve out an hour a day if they prioritize it. The biggest challenge for me though is diet: - not dieting but eating right. I have had my bad days, but overall I have been eating pretty clean since Dec 31 when I started this round.

I highly recommend p90x - if you commit to it, I guarantee you will see great results.
  • Getfitbefit10
    Options
    my supervisor did it at work and she prolly dropped 40 lbs! she did it 6 days a week and was super dedicated. She also did low carbs..i think she tried to stay under 150. She swears by it, now she just goes to the YMCA, but she totally credits it to the DVD. I need a class to go to, where other people hold me accountable, but hey, if that would work for you, do it. If you know somebody that has the DVD's maybe you could just burn it or something...that is what she did for another co-worker...but whatever, good luck!:)
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    p90x totally changed my life. I not only dropped a bunch of weight, but got toned and flexible at the same time. I can't even express what a sound program that it is. You need very little equipment and just the motivation to get yourself in the best shape of your life.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the program - I've gone through it several times now.

Steve
    mcknight_steve@hotmail.com
  • Daali
    Daali Posts: 4
    Options
    It changed my life as well. I do not think it is the best, etc.. However, no other workout got me up everyday for 90 days. I hear others bash it as... you will never get huge on P90x, etc. I am not into it for that, I am into it for getting me healthy.

I actually did 120 the first time, because I was so out of shape. The first week I could only do 25~30% of the workout, the next week 30~40, the next 50~70, the 4th week I was doing 70~90% of the first phase. It was then I started my 90 days, and it was great . I took two months off of it and reverted to some bad eating habits. I am currently in week 2 of my 2nd run through.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did my first round of P90X starting last April...when I bought it, my husband blasted me out for 'wasting all that money.' I pushed play, followed the nutrition guide, and got FANTASTIC results. I took a week off, and started up a round of P90X doubles over the summer...leaned out even more, started dropping pant's sizes every month, and then followed that up with a round of P90X+. Truly a life changing experience for me. It finally showed me that if you want to lose weight and be able to maintain it, you MUST build lean muscle, and the nutrition aspect was simply huge for me. I finally know how to fuel my body for life...simple as that. Truly the BEST $120 I have EVER spent in my life!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Like glf said, it's the best $120 I ever spent! I've lost weight, gained muscle, gained flexibility. It has definately changed my life. I would reccommend P90X to anyone wanting to get into shape!
    I have definately had success. It was really tough at first, but I went from .25 of a pullup, to 3 pullups. I can do 20-25 pushups on my toes (depends on the day, lol) and I can see changes in the shape of my body. I had a really high body fat percentage when I started and I've been doing it 6 months now. My BF has definatly gone down.

All in all: Get it! You won't regret it.
  • gpies
    gpies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your opinions. I really appreciate the feedback and plan to invest I think after reading your posts. Have a great day everyone!:happy:
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    Count me in as as a believer, I'm in week 11 of 13 now and I'm very happy with the results. It really is about whole body fitness, cardio, muscle, and flexibility. If you stick with it through the first couple weeks, you'll get hooked and want to bring on the pain!

Good luck!
  • chure
    chure Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started last week and although early on yet I'm encouraged by the way I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'm no where close to dominating the workouts, like others have said I'm not able to do 100% of everything but I'm confident it will come.

As far as the cost, I got mine off of Craigslist for $70. I figured I couldn't pass it up; $70 that could make such a huge change in my life, what the heck.
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    I just started last week and although early on yet I'm encouraged by the way I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'm no where close to dominating the workouts, like others have said I'm not able to do 100% of everything but I'm confident it will come.

As far as the cost, I got mine off of Craigslist for $70. I figured I couldn't pass it up; $70 that could make such a huge change in my life, what the heck.

Yeah, you can't afford NOT to invest in your health, if you keep with it, it's a small price to pay.

Please keep us updated on your progress!
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Spend the money and change your life. You will find that getting the dvd's is the easy part, working hard and finding the time can be tough. At first you will be hooked and look forward to the workouts. They are very good as far as I am concerned but finding the time to keep up with the program can and is difficult. I completed two rounds and took the winter off. I am just starting another round and it's fun but not as exciting as the first round. If you stick with it, you will change your body no doubt. Following the diet is just as important as the workouts if you want results. Don't under eat either. Believe me, you will need those calories. Good luck and keep us posted. Thanks
  • Mollyclowe
    Mollyclowe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started P90X on Feb 22nd. Starting week 3 and we are already hooked! It is the best money we have ever spent! You do have to be dedicated though.....it is 6 days a week! I cant begin to describe how much better I feel after 2 weeks! I cant wait to see what we look like after our 90 days!
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey Mollygraves keep up the good work. Hope you stick with it and get great results. What do ya think is the toughest workout so far? What kind of results have you both gotten? It's always nice to hear from people who are just into it because they have so much enthusiasm. Thanks and good luck
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I know this isn't my thread but I just wanted to thank you! I have the DVD's and am a little intimidated by the program but you guys have inspired me! I'm on day 7 of the 30-Day Shred and plan on starting P90X right after that.

I'd love some more friends that are P90Xers to feel free to add me!