3 LBS over night...

Options
So yesterday in the morning I was so ecstatic after I had my morning meeting with the scales! I had lost a total of 5.4 lbs in a week! I went from 160lbs to 154.6lbs! I was so happy and really motivated to do this whole journey. I've been eating good, staying within my calories, BUT yesterday in the evening I lost control and went over almost by 600cal over my limit(which is 1200cal)!!!! So when I woke up this morning and saw the number on the scales I was super upset. I gained 3lb OVERNIGHT!!! :sad: How is this even possible?! I feel that all my effort went down the drain...along with my motivation... :ohwell:

Replies

• eberg83
    eberg83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't freak! It's water weight. Just stick to your calories today and drink a lot of water to flush it out.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    did you eat 10500 calories yesterday?
    no?
    Then its water, love.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Usually a big swing down in weight loss is followed by a mild upswing for me. It will come back down eventually. Just don't sweat it.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    Water weight I'm sure. Us females like to hoard water like camels, lol.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    So, basically, you lost a net of 2.4 lbs in 8 days. :happy:

Don't worry too much about day-to-day fluctuations - even if they're seemingly large steps. It's most likely water weight, so wait and see where you are at the end of this week.
  • evelina90
    evelina90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

You made me laugh :laugh: thanks, I needed a good giggle :)
  • legendarywolf705
    Options
    water weight:flowerforyou: dont trip
  • evelina90
    evelina90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I sure hope it's water weight. Thanks guys for the motivation :)
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    when I gain the first thing I do is check my sodium from the day before - thats usually it. drink water.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options

You made me laugh :laugh: thanks, I needed a good giggle :)

Ha! No problem! ;)
  • MBT1210
    Options
    when I gain the first thing I do is check my sodium from the day before - thats usually it. drink water.

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It is water weight. I did the same thing yesterday. Except I have to tell myself, 1 pound is 3500 calories, so unless you at over that it is just probably water weight.