New, Nervous and Ready To Do This.

Options
I'm Karollea, from NY. I am 27 and have a wonderful husband of 5 years and the cutest 2 1/2 year old son ever! (Okay I may be a little bias). I feel I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I was diagnosed with PCOS after high school. I would like/need to lose 100+ pounds.

My Mother in law was told about this site and suggested I try it also. I signed on in August, and never came back. I switched doctors and was told I am pre diabetic and will have a even harder time getting pregnant because of my weight messing up my body. I was devastated and knew I had to loose weight, but something was blocking me from doing it. After reading the book Hungry: Lessons Learned on the Journey from Fat to Thin by Allen Zadoff (I learned A LOT about myself) and lots of prayer and encouragement, I decided to come back.

I am a pretty shy person and am very nervous about posting my personal life, I am afraid of rejection and have sat here for almost 10 minutes deciding if I should post this. But here I am, an open book from now on, and if I want to start this journey I need to do it 100%..so Hi All!

Replies

• MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new and nervous with you. I just posted my information and you stated my feeling so much better than I did! I get it. Let's do this!
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! So proud of you - you can do this!
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start! You are going to love this site!

YOU. CAN. DO. THIS!!!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!, Slow and steady. You can do it. :smile:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    log everything, read everything (ignore at least half of it), commit to getting exercise. We can do this. I had 100+ to lose when I started and am a quarter of the way now!

Welcome.
  • heatherdrinkstea
    Options
    Hi there,

Just wanted to encourage you to go for it. There are lots and lots of people on here who have been where you are now so don't feel alone. I think you are brave being honest about where you are but it is totally necessary in order to move forward.

Good luck.
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    You can ALL do this...you have done the hardest part and that is to acknowledge. Feel free to add me if you'd like to!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :)

There are plenty of people who've lost that much weight or more. PCOS is going to make it a bit slower for you but slow is okay! Slow is still moving FORWARD.

You can do this. Try not to get discouraged, even when things don't seem to be budging. Focus on small changes at first and build up to the big ones.

I wish you the best!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    You've can do this! I would love to get my sister on here....she also have 100 lbs to lose and pre-diabetic?; her doctor gave her 6 months to lose weight before putting her on diabetic meds. I know she can do it too! You've made a great first step!

PCOS makes it harder to lose weight? Why? Sorry...I'm not familiar but my sister also has this, but she has had a hysterectomy now.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    the first step is always the hardest, and this wont be an easy journey but in the ned it will be worth it # 1 for yourself #2 for your little man!!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I understand about being afraid to put your stuff out there for everyone to read. But it really does help to keep you accountable I think. I did not say anything to most people about my effort to lose weight for a long time, and did not post anything on Facebook about it, etc. But I was a lot more comfortable doing it here, surrounded by other people who were trying to do the same thing! It really is a GREAT resource!
  • readynow6
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! I'm ready to do this as well! I want to lose 130 pounds so here goes!! I am going to read that book you mentioned!!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
    And the great thing about sharing is that you can get so much support and motivation from other people who are also working hard to reach their health goals.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. It has been totally controlled by diet and exercise. I have been able to go off all meds for it! This site is a grest tool to help keep track of things.
  • Beth24793
    Beth24793 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this and you WILL do this, think of your little boy and do it for him :)

Feel free too add me for support and encouragement :D
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was nervous too. Didn't like leaving my diary (both food and exercise!) open for others to openly see (didn't want the criticism).

Now, if I don't log (and I log everything - even if I eat 3 peices of pizza!) I feel like I am cheating MYSELF. You have done great by just coming back. Now the next step is to keep going for yourself (and your adorable child!).

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you think I can help in any way. I have come from being 188 lbs to now 150ish just since June 1. A year ago, I was more concerned with moving 16 hours from home and would have NEVER in a million years thoughts I'd be losing weight or working out in a GYM almost every day!!!!!!

You can do this!!!!!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You just took your first step by posting! WTG! Welcome to MFP. You can do this. Just make sure you log EVERYTHING you eat. Even if you go over on your calories. See if you can purchase a meal scale so you can weigh things that you eat. Sometimes it's hard to figure out how much you are eating and we tend to underestimate. Please feel free to add me. I'm on all the time and always available for questions and motivation.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • niamhleo
    Options
    Hi Karollea! I'm new also. Recently been diagnosed with PCOS and under doctor's orders I too have to lose weight! Hope your weight loss journey goes well for you; I'm hoping mine does also :)
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This site has so many tools available to you but the most important thing is you have to want it. All the advice, support, encouragement and tools won't help unless to commit to doing it.

You have taken the first step by coming to this site and coming back again sounding like it you are wanting to truly do this.

That said - there are many people on here to help you through the hurdles of getting healthy. My suggestion is to include 2 types of people on your Friends List - those who have and those who are. What I mean is find some people to friend who have accomplished what you want to who can help guild you through the tough times and answer questions. Also, those who are trying to accomplish what you want to so you can help encourage and support each other.

Best of luck to you! YOU. CAN. DO. THIS!!!!!
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support!! I log Everything, EVERYDAY!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: