Delicious quick and easy!

Options
bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
This recipe is one of my favorites from weight watchers so i figured I would share. It will last you a few days or feed your whole family, its delicious, it tricks your mind into thinking you're eating comfort food, its delicious, its really fast and easy to make, and did i mention its delicious???

Ingredients:

Athenos reduced fat feta cheese
1 zucchini
1 onion
1 bell pepper (if you want the color effect, use yellow, otherwise, any color works fine)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Spices/Pepper/Salt
Cous Cous
Hunts Tomato Sauce (8 oz. can)
Canned great northern beans

Recipe: (Please forgive my unprofessional directions...I am not a chef or a mother...i'm trying)

(Prep: chop ZUCCHINI, ONION, and BELL PEPPER...choose your SPICES, italian-esque work the best here)

Put 2 tbsp of OLIVE OIL in a saucepan with SPICES...add VEGGIES, and more SPICES on top...sometimes i like to put a little OLIVE OIL on top of the VEGGIES too just to get the SPICES to stick well, also make sure you have a cover for your saucepan...as you go, keep covering it.

Sautee until about halfway cooked, i'd say a good 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook 1/4 cup of COUSCOUS in a seperate pan. Fluff with fork when finished.

Drain and strain GREAT NORTHERN BEANS and mix them in with VEGETABLES as well as the TOMATO SAUCE, all 8 oz.

Mix them up and cook for another 5ish minutes. SPICE to taste as you go along.

Once the TOMATO SAUCE starts to boil a little bit throw in the COUSCOUS and stir well.

Lastly, top the whole mixture with 1/4 cup of FETA and let it cook covered for another minute just to melt the cheese a little bit.

Trust me....wow...this stuff is so good. You can eat it as a side, or for a meal, you can stuff it in tomatoes or peppers...Its the best. You can also throw different veggies in there. 1/4 of the whole mixture is a little over 200 cal...and this stuff makes a lot...I promise. Hope you all enjoy!

Replies

• MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean??? I see it in alot of forums
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    it means they liked or appreciated the post, and may want to back and check it out later, if they were in a hurry, or if it is a good recipe or info that want to reference.

they type "bump" and it will go into the "my topics" section of the community tab here on MFP, so it is saved for future reference...now you can use any word or phrase , it doesn't have to be "bump"...

guess its just the common lingo around here and what everyone *excuse me* most everyone knows what it means!
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    Oh> also if it is a good topic, but posted sometime in the past (an oldie but goodie!) then someone may type "bump" to push it back to the top of the forums so everyone can be reminded of it easier again.
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump