drastic change of routine - Help!

Options
I'm getting more and more worried as the Christmas holiday nears, because it means I will be spending more than 5 weeks away from University where I have my reliable gym and routine all figured out. I know that running around my neighbourhood back home won't be a problem, nor will diet, but I'm getting anxious that I might fall off the fitness wagon without all my usual equipment to hand. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• RDHome224
    Options
    First off don't worry, it won't help your routine.

Secondly a change in Your routine will help, as your body is used to what you do now and if you change it up some you will get a fair bit of goodness from it. You don't need your equipment, just yourself and your determination!
  • allisongallahan
    allisongallahan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You could try scheduling your time as you would when you are at school. Or you could just schedule a time each morning when you know you will be free and do your workout then. Hope that helps!
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I get the same anxiety when I'm away from my gym -- mostly because I'm a numbers guy, and I like recording my workouts per a machine's calorie counter instead of assuming based on MFP's values.

It might be good to invest in a reliable heart rate monitor, or something similar, to make sure you're getting the same results you would at your gym.