New from Indiana

Options
Hello!

After having a lot of spells this weekend where I almost passed out, I went to the doctor and am now supposed to eat ALL the time. Well, not quite all the time but almost. I need to eat about every 3 hours and I need to really hit the protein hard. This would be easy except I teach kindergarten and it is VERY easy for me to stay at school for 10 to 12 hours each day and "forget" to eat. For some reason, things just as getting math equipment read, cleaning up after reading, answering emails, documenting behavior, etc, seem to take up most of my lunch break each day. Anyway, I could really use some motivation. :-)

Thanks!

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. You really need to listen to your doctor. What is your problem? Is it hyperglycemia?
  • allisongallahan
    allisongallahan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, my doctor thinks it is hypoglycemia--my blood sugar gets too low & my body shuts down.

I am hoping that by keeping track of what I am eating, I will be able to make myself eat not only more but better. So hopefully, I will be able to keep this up & make my doctor & myself happy. :-)