Slim Quick - Anybody using it? Is it safe???

Options
I'm getting serious again about weight loss, and I decided to try a supplement to help me get kickstarted. Anybody have success/failure with Slim Quick? Is it safe?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if i was you i would 'get serious' about a lifestyle change that involves eatign less and moving more.... not diet pills and fad supplements...
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but that's not what I'm looking for... I know what to do about "getting serious" but there are a ton of supplements out there that people take EVERY DAY to help expedite the loss. Anybody who has actually taken this product, please reply... otherwise, keep your comments to yourself. Thank you!
  • gpacheco0768
    Options
    Just to add to my response... since you don't know me. I have previously lost over 40 lbs before so I know what to do... At my age my metabolism is slower so I wanted to try a supplement, as I've watched others successfully do, to help expedite losing the weight so I can then focus on my new lifestyle to keep it off...
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    supplement your healthy eating with exercise. That is the only supplement that really works.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    supplement your healthy eating with exercise. That is the only supplement that really works.

/THREAD
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I tried slim quick back in the day and it really did nothing for me. I do take B-12 to help with energy.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!
  • gpacheco0768
    Options
    Thanks Krizzle for actually responding to my question. I KNOW exercise, eating right, etc. The fact that I've already lost weight, only to regain it because I went back to my old bad habits, is DEMOTIVATING enough without strangers' sarcastic comments... I know it's a change in lifestyle, healthy eating, exercise, etc. If anyone had actually read my initial question, you would understand that I am looking for feedback on ONE specific supplment to see if it's been effective for anyone else who used it to "quickstart" their weightloss efforts.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that you don't want to hear from...but I'm "your age" plus one, AND I have hypothyroidism.

I've lost weight here without taking supplements It can be done, age is no excuse.

You would be better off making a protein shake with skim or almond milk rather than drinking that crap anyway - have you checked the ingredients?

Sugar, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Gum Arabic, Milk Protein Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Soy Fiber, Buttermilk Powder, Potassium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Dextrose, Salt, Guar Gum, Soybean Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Carrageenan, Sodium Phosphate, Acesulfame Potassium (A Non Nutritive Sweetner) and Aspartame.

0010.gif
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't let the silly negative comments bother you.....
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Just to add to my response... since you don't know me. I have previously lost over 40 lbs before so I know what to do... At my age my metabolism is slower so I wanted to try a supplement, as I've watched others successfully do, to help expedite losing the weight so I can then focus on my new lifestyle to keep it off...

With all due respect, if you've watched others use supplements so successfully, why are you posting and asking for advice here? You get angry with people for giving you the truth. The BEST way to lose weight and keep it off is to exercise and count calories.
  • gpacheco0768
    Options
    Scapez, I know it can be done because I've already done it once, last year... without supplements, I lost over 40 lbs... BUT, because I didn't stick with my new "lifestyle" I've gained most of it back, and was very discouraged. I'm trying to not let that keep me from starting again, and I was thinking (after watching my neighbor lose 80 lbs AND using a thermal supplement) that I might try something to help me get started in the beginning, not a long term or "quick fix" solution, there are a TON of supplements (I know someone else who is going to a dietician and getting B12 shots) out there that are effective and can work to help remove the weight more quickly. I get the fact that I will have to focus much more on the "maintenance" phase, since that's where I failed last time. It really isn't that hard losing the weight, it's much more difficult keeping it off. I was simply looking for advice from anyone who has actually used this product and if it worked in the way that I am hoping it will, which is to "kickstart" the weight loss, etc. by helping to increase my metabolism. There's no difference between this and Atkins/etc. as far as tricking your body into moving in the direction you want it to. I am now going to delete this thread since it's not been helpful to me.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You've admitted that sticking to the lifestyle is what made you gain back, so how is Slim Fast, etc. going to help you keep the weight off?

If you want your metabolism to increase, exercise and build muscle!

I would write more but you seem to only want to hear what you want to hear:

"YES! Slim Fast is awesome! I used it, lost 50 lbs. and kept if off forever, my kids get straight A's, and I got a 10k raise at work. By all means, do eeet!!"
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    I'm getting serious again about weight loss, and I decided to try a supplement to help me get kickstarted. Anybody have success/failure with Slim Quick? Is it safe?

I think the 59 deaths related to various "weight loss" shakes, including slim quick would be called "FAILURE" or "NOT SAFE". Slim quick and other magic formulas are for people who want an easy fix and don't want to put in the effort. That type of weight loss will never be permanent. Go to your doctor, ask for his advice. Don't put that stuff into your body!
  • krsloane
    Options
    I don't know anything about Slim Quick - didn't even know it was a shake until I started reading this thread. But I started drinking Body by Vi Shakes in July, and I've lost 18 pounds. However, I look at it as a lifetime change and that I will continue drinking these permanently - not just until I get to a particular weight.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I tried this a few years back..the powder you add to your water--I think. I remember that it didn't work..does not help your cravings or reduce hunger. I found MFP 2 years ago, and simpy tracked what I ate on here and aimed to stay in my calories and macros. What i could suggest, and I do this from time to time..maybe a protein shake..add whichever u desire and try that. Best of luck..I do believe pills and suppliments are not the way to go and agree with the posters on here.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but that's not what I'm looking for... I know what to do about "getting serious" but there are a ton of supplements out there that people take EVERY DAY to help expedite the loss. Anybody who has actually taken this product, please reply... otherwise, keep your comments to yourself. Thank you!

Most of these supplements are hyped up expensive scams. If there was a magic pill..everybody would be taking it. Save your money and put it to use buying healthy foods!! Eat healthy, eat your fruits and veggies, drink lot's of water and exercise that's all you need for a successful 'serious' program :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why waste your money? The easiest, most effective way to long-term, sustainable weight loss is to form new habits. You are yo-yo dieting and until you change the way you look at your eating habits, you will never be able to maintain a healthy weight.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It helps your wallet lose weight, that's about it.
  • Bess_74
    Options
    I took it for a while, but found it to be inconvenient and expensive (you need like 3 1/2 bottles or something like that to get through the month). I did have some slight weight loss, about 5 pounds in a month, but was not dieting or exercising at the time. I prefer to take a super b vitamin supplement to help with my energy levels. I would consider it to be safe, some diet pills I have tried in the past make me short of breath and cause my heart to race and I did not experience that with Slim Quick. My food diary is open and I list all supplements I take in the comment section, if you are curious. Good Luck!!