Its easy to get obssessed with Jillian!

Options
Hi Guys .. so just needed to get this off my chest because in a way its a NSV for me .

So about a year and a half ago I got introduced to the 30 day shred by jillian michaels, it worked brilliantly for me heling me tone up and lose some pounds and inches and then before I knew it I was trying every Jillian Dvd under the sun and combining this with running .

Now the darker nights are here I dont run so i rely on exercise dvd's .

So I continued on with Jillian .. getting abit of back pain here and there but ignoring it because in my mind jillians dvds are the best . Then last week I was in A and E diagnosed with a bruised cartlidge which the doctor suspects is from over-exercising. My husband straight away said to me - its too much jillian and it took me a while to think -yeah he is right .

So i took a break and had a good think . I am giving Jillian a break and this weekend I tried a new dvd - the kardashians of all dvd's and it was good and i am feeling the burn from it .

Its so easy to get stuck with doing the same thing and thinking that nothing else compares to it or nothing else will work .

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN JILLIAN MICHAELS. - so this is kind of my NSV and i hope it will help anyone else out who is in a Jillian Rut.

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i think i might try a new dvd too soon as i too think that jillian has worked for me since i have done her dvd's and i was scared to try something new and different afraid that it wouldn't work and i wasted time so i have stuck with what i know works...
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've quit doing cardio (other than my walk to work) as I just don't have the motivation in the winter, but I still use a Jillian warm up (RI30, week 2 to be precise) before hitting the weights, then I leave it running while I lift, and remember that may be busting a gut to lift what I'm lifting, but it seems to get better results and isn't nearly so 'kill-me-now' as what they're doing!!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses..

Lin- you should try soemthing new , I was 'scared' before as silly as it sounds but im not anymore .

Persian- this is what im after .. enjoying exercise again and not just doing it so i feel like i cant go on .. Im only 26-this bbosy needs to last me! lol!
  • lin7604
    Options
    do u think i would like that kardashian one???
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian Michaels, too. I will still do her Ripped in 30 workouts, but right now I've started on the Brazil Butt Lift. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys .. so just needed to get this off my chest because in a way its a NSV for me .

So about a year and a half ago I got introduced to the 30 day shred by jillian michaels, it worked brilliantly for me heling me tone up and lose some pounds and inches and then before I knew it I was trying every Jillian Dvd under the sun and combining this with running .

Now the darker nights are here I dont run so i rely on exercise dvd's .

So I continued on with Jillian .. getting abit of back pain here and there but ignoring it because in my mind jillians dvds are the best . Then last week I was in A and E diagnosed with a bruised cartlidge which the doctor suspects is from over-exercising. My husband straight away said to me - its too much jillian and it took me a while to think -yeah he is right .

So i took a break and had a good think . I am giving Jillian a break and this weekend I tried a new dvd - the kardashians of all dvd's and it was good and i am feeling the burn from it .

Its so easy to get stuck with doing the same thing and thinking that nothing else compares to it or nothing else will work .

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN JILLIAN MICHAELS. - so this is kind of my NSV and i hope it will help anyone else out who is in a Jillian Rut.

I love this!!

Yes, it's always good to change things up. Over use injuries and also it's good for your mind as well as your body to change things up, different muscles, different routines, even with running I change things up a lot more now. Awesome lesson from you!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    do u think i would like that kardashian one???

I think you would like it .. ive just bought two davina dvds too.. Im doing them at the weekend so I'll let you know how i get on with those too..
  • lin7604
    Options
    awesome, can't wait to hear which you like better...