First day !!!

Options
I joined mfp yesterday but today is really my first day, I want to lose 160 lbs. That's one whole average size person. I did track what I ate yesterday, eating what I normally do, and realized I overeat by about 1500 - 2000 cals. on most days. Not nuch wonder I am this much overweight. Today I was tested already, chocolate tuxedo cake was passed around for co-workers birthday, I passed and had a peice of fruit and a cup of black tea instead.
Some days are going to be hard, I have been on this journey many times, I am going to try to make this the time it actually works for me. I will allow myself treats, I just need to get on track first. I know if I treated today on day one, I would have said "oh well, I blew it today, I'll start again tommorow or next week" like I usually do.
I can do it this time, I have to...

Replies

• CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! The key is to find what works for you, and you may have to struggle a bit before you find that but believe in yourself. Also, keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you cannot live forever on it, then it's not the right food for you - you'll be fine!
    Getting motivation from your peers works so you can feel free to add me if you'd like.

Wishing you the best of luck on this journey!:wink:
  • TanyshaBzs
    TanyshaBzs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I myself have a 100+ pounds to lose. You can definitely do this. All it takes is some hard work. I'm very proud of you for passing on the cake this morning, cause knowing me I would have wanted a piece.
    Feel free to add me and we can keep each other in check. :)
  • tararabumdeay
    Options
    hey, you can do this! it really helps me keeping track of how much im eating day by day its amazing how when you dont keep track you kid yourself into thinking you havent overindulged, feel free to add me if you like, everybody can do this together!! :) xx
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! The key is to find what works for you, and you may have to struggle a bit before you find that but believe in yourself. Also, keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you cannot live forever on it, then it's not the right food for you - you'll be fine!
    Getting motivation from your peers works so you can feel free to add me if you'd like.

Wishing you the best of luck on this journey!:wink:
    [Great advise Cindy- Everyone one is different and what works for one doesn't work for the other.]
  • vcferlita
    Options
    Keep pushing on!!