Looking for encouragement and support

Options
I am looking for support, as well as to be supportive of others, who are working on creating a healthier lifestyle through good eating and activity.

Some background on me: I am a nurse, so nursing school, followed by long hours and high levels of stress with starting my career has gotten the best of me over the last few years. Now that my life has settled more, I'm taking my own health as priority.

I am having to learn how to control my stress levels and look at my time at the gym as an investment for my health through FUN activity. Also, having worked with individuals with eating disorders, my view on food has changed so that is why I no longer categorize foods between good and bad. I am someone who allows myself to have "bad foods" because I know I can learn moderation and not see them as evil, forbidden, etc. Learning moderation is key and to not have a complex with food is essential for a happy lifestyle.

Replies

• Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would love to friend you. In fact I'm send a request to you now:)
  • carolinagirl0
    carolinagirl0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    fell free to send me a friend request. We all need motivation and support.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I try to log in everyday... so I try to be supportive of all of my friends. Feel free to send me a request.
  • nameiscatherine
    Options
    I'm glad I posted this - made a lot of MFP friends on here - fantastic support!
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    on here daily :flowerforyou: feel free to add me!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Ditto the last post.
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm always looking for new friends :)
  • nayrairam
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • nameiscatherine
    Options
    Fantastic! Will do!
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Hi, I will send a add to you , and any of you if you lie add me I will support you if you will be supportive to me. :)
  • ncparker
    Options
    :smile: welcome to myfitnesspal, i love this app and would be more than happy to help you reach your goal, msg me and I can give you more details.
  • nameiscatherine
    Options
    A big thanks and hello to all who have added me and vice versa. It's great to have a positive community of pals on here <3
  • kasandra_m24
    kasandra_m24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Always looking for new supportive friends!! :)
  • vk0510
    vk0510 Posts: 20
    Options
    Sending a friend request. I'm a nurse too so know all about the long hours and stress! :-)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome!
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I'm a nursing student...and I don't want to get trapped with this weight later! Adding you (:
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am looking for support, as well as to be supportive of others, who are working on creating a healthier lifestyle through good eating and activity.

Some background on me: I am a nurse, so nursing school, followed by long hours and high levels of stress with starting my career has gotten the best of me over the last few years. Now that my life has settled more, I'm taking my own health as priority.

I am having to learn how to control my stress levels and look at my time at the gym as an investment for my health through FUN activity. Also, having worked with individuals with eating disorders, my view on food has changed so that is why I no longer categorize foods between good and bad. I am someone who allows myself to have "bad foods" because I know I can learn moderation and not see them as evil, forbidden, etc. Learning moderation is key and to not have a complex with food is essential for a happy lifestyle.

It's good to help others, but don't forget, helping yourself toward a healthy lifestyle has many rewards too. You're right. I don't believe in good or bad foods either. I eat whatever I want. I just choose to have moderation. Glad to see you are reaching out for support. It definitely helps. Feel free to add me.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am also a nurse have been an RN for about 18 years. Decided to return to school to get my BSN, graduate in December. Work in LTC 40+++ hours a week and have 3 kids 2 are still home. I can completely relate. Actually should be off doing homework now....
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    Feel free to add me hunni! the support on here is fantastic!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me; I'm on every day...