Extra skin?

Options
I gained so much weight with my son. I gained about 75 pounds and I've lost 34 of it thus far but still have the rest to go. I know that losing this much weight could mean my skin elasticity does not go back to the way it was. I have also been doing strength training but I am already noticing some extra skin :/ Has anyone had success with tighten as well as losing weight? Any pictures you can offer? Thank you so much!

Replies

• silverboot
    silverboot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the exact same thing. I also gained a lot of weight with my daughter and have extra skin. Hope to see good advice. But know you are not alone ;)
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've not had a huge problem with the extra skin at all.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't lose it faster than someone who's had gastric bypass, and you work out *cough* lift weights too *cough*, you shouldn't have an issue with it.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Sum ppl can lose 100lbs and not have any loose skin. I've lost 63lbs & have a little bit. It depends on the person. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but ur not alone. I've never had a kid, but my belly was where I carried my weight :(
    And like person said above, try to lose slowly. It's taken me 1 yr & 2 mos to lose this 63lbs, but I do have a tad. I kno it could be worse if I had lost quicker tho.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Genetics and time. These two factors will determine loose skin.

For myself, I will have a bit of loose skin. I'm trying to be a slow loser, but I can tell that my upper arms and tummy will have some loose skin.

For the health, fitness, and energy, I'll take the loose skin instead of the fat.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have noticed under my arms is not near as tone as I would like. I know the exercises that help tone that area and guess I just need to do more of them, unless I had the resources for brachioplasty (which is not happening).
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't lose it faster than someone who's had gastric bypass, and you work out *cough* lift weights too *cough*, you shouldn't have an issue with it.

^^^Totally agree!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, at about 50 lbs gain each pregnancy...I lost the weight again in a few months, but it took a good year, maybe two for that little fold of skin to shrink down...and now my lower belly is still wrinkly...doesn't stop me from wearing a bikini though!!!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I have the same problem but I'm 49..... Using Aveeno or Nivea q10 every morning, strength training, and hoping time (but not TOO much) will take care of the rest. I'm sure at your age, you'll be just fine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!