30 day shred weights?

Options
How heavy weights do you use for level one of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred?

Replies

• dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    5 lbs
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I personally use 2kg weights (4.4lbs). However, personally, I think I should have started with something lighter because I am still finding it very difficult to use them in levels 2 and 3, and I'm on my second time doing the shred. If you are a beginner at strength exercise and you have no muscles I would recommend getting something lighter than that to start with.
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use 2 pound and 5 pound weights depending on availability and how my muscles are feeling on that particular day. :)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My SO is not using any weight at all. I switch between 3 and 5 lbs depending on the exercise.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    10-12 lbs. Except for the front raises at the end.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I usually use 8-10lbs for the strength and 5lbs during cardio

However, I've done the dvd many many times and using the weights to make it harder
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    depends on the exercise.. and what I feel like. If I am doing bicep or chest or back exercises, I use 5lb, but if it involves lifting with my shoulders out away from my body which hurts because I injured my shoulder, I use 3lb weights.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I started out with 3s and 5s. Its funny cause when I do P90Xs strength workouts, I can use 10-20 lb weights but when I do 30ds I can only use 5s. LOL I guess its the combination of strength & cardio that makes it harder? Just guessing, or maybe its just me.
  • WhitneyStar
    Options
    I've been using 5 lbs but have 8 lbs ready. :-) I call it faith! HAHA
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think I used 5 and 8 lbs, maybe a 10 or 12 lb Kettle bell. Some of the exercises I think the weights were too heavy, others too light.
  • yopie1965
    yopie1965 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3lb, but find the lifts at the end hard to do.......only on day 9 at level 1, so here's hoping it gets easier.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    3 kilo.
  • ChristinaLopez82
    Options
    you should start with three and then move up to five once you feel the three lb weights not giving you that burn.
  • anniebell83
    anniebell83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used 3 lbs the first time I did it and now I use 5 lbs
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am using 5, I wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to be using, like 10 right away! LOL