Turning it Around

Options
Good afternoon all, just wanted to say hello as this is my first time on MyFitnessPal. My name is Matt. I'm a 35 yr old male who has been heavy for almost my entire life, and I've decided that I've had enough. I'm currently at 335lbs on a 5'10" frame, and ideally, I would like to get to be 175. My father has been battling major health issues(diabetes, heart disease) for the better part of 20 years, and although he is still alive and has a fairly good quality of life, his retirement isn't how he envisioned. I need to avoid ending up in the same boat.

Replies

• All4Norma
    All4Norma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world Matt! It won't be easy but you can do this! Good luck!
  • rossiter15
    Options
    Thank you!! Much appreciated! :)
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Best to ya!
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step to a healthy lifestyle! Way to go!! If you don't have your health...what else do you got??! Good for you for making a change!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Matt, let's do this............Are you ready for the lifestyle change?
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do this! MFP is so awesome! I could not do it without my friends support and telling me to get off my butt!!

Good luck! YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • Jross65
    Jross65 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome I think you have come to the right place.
  • Casfarren
    Casfarren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community Matt! I also recently joined and the outpouring of support I have received has been so helpful! Don't be afraid to reach out to the community with questions, celebrations, or even just the occasional need for a kick in the butt! We are all here for the same reason and we all want to support each other! Good luck!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Best of luck this is an AWSOME site! You have come to the right place!
  • carolinagirl0
    carolinagirl0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • U2POPGIRL
    Options
    Good Luck and YOU CAN DO THIS!! :happy:
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Welcome Matt best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    good luck matt hope it all works out im sure it will uve taken the first steps by being hear it works for me im sure it will add me