Tricep Exercises

Options
I've lost almost 10 lbs and seem to be firming up everywhere except in my triceps! Under my arm is so jiggly! If anyone has recommendations for some great at home and at the gym tricep exercises, please let me know!

Also, if you have recommendations for how often and how many reps I should do each exercise for, please advise as well! I still have a lot to learn when it comes to strength training!

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You should be strength training EVERY-SINGLE-MUSCLE in your body.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

^This
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I am getting some great burn with tricep extensions using an EZ curl bar. I do 5 sets of 8 and during the final lifts I am almost dying. Defo worth it :wink:
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I recommend Chalean Extreme
  • mabroney33
    Options

Haaaaaaannnnn
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Tricep extensions. There are several versions. I do them all at different times during the week.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Tricep+extension+images&qpvt=Tricep+extension+images&FORM=IGRE
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Definitely tricep extensions...and tricep bench dips. I get a nice burn from doing those two. Go over to bodybuilding.com for more ideas on various other exercises
  • meg516
    meg516 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I know you're right. I've been guilty on relying on too much cardio. But Im changing that now. I just want to put a focus on arms though. I can't stand looking at the sometimes!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Take a ballet barre class (the barre method). It'll work your triceps like nobody's business!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The bench press, overhead press, dips, and pushups all work the entire "push" muscle group, which consists of the chest, shoulders, and triceps.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    http://www.liftingrevolution.com/best-tricep-exercises-for-women/

Try those...I also do tricep kickbacks. I tend to like exercises that require minimal to no equipment.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Bench press and overhead press would be a good start. Of course the actual answer to your "problem" is more fat loss.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Agreed. Tricep jiggling becomes a non-issue when your whole body is lean and muscular.
  • meg516
    meg516 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Agreed. Tricep jiggling becomes a non-issue when your whole body is lean and muscular.

I agree as well, but I'm still working on the fat loss thing! I want to be lean and msucular! I understand the diet (even if I don't follow it as well as I should some days) but now I need to understand the strength training part! I've spent too much time doing cardio!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

I agree as well, but I'm still working on the fat loss thing! I want to be lean and msucular! I understand the diet (even if I don't follow it as well as I should some days) but now I need to understand the strength training part! I've spent too much time doing cardio!

Good you know what you need, here is the list you must do:

Squat
    Bench
    Deadlift
    Cleans
    Dips
    Pull ups
    Push ups
    Over head Press
    Rows
    Lunges

Find a program that involves these above... New Rules, Starting Strength, 5/3/1, GOMAD, etc
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    dips
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Tri-ceps have 3 different heads (Medial, Lateral and long head) that you should hit. Sometimes people only train one of the heads.

I advise on the following:

-Rope pushdowns ( don't forget after the extension to straighten your amrs out until they are parellel, then bring them down to your sides)

-Dips

-Skull crushers
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Strength training helps with fat loss. You don't need cardio to lose fat.

I recommend reading "Starting Strength" and then doing the program "Strong Lifts" - it's a great way to get started.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    push ups are good for the tri