Christian Support

Options
Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
Joshua
MyFitnessPal Forum Staff

Replies

• Hi and Welcome! I've only been here since yesterday. Your "Godly support" is what piqued my interest. I started a group, "A Spirit of Fitness" and we're just getting started. Fitness, endurance and agility are the first three topics we're going to discuss, I'm also going to offer mike-on-a-bike which is a program I'm trying to get underway locally. Please consider the group!
  • enigmachik
    Options
    Hi Welcome!! There are many very supportive people on here who check-in often. There's also some Christian groups on here that you can join. Do a quick search and you'll find them. This is an exciting new journey to be on. Remember you "can do all things through Christ who strengthens you" !! :)
  • andrewparker1
    Options
    Welcome!! God is good :)
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Add me if you would like. I like to support and have support. Sisters in christ.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are some amazing Christian groups in the "Groups" section.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups

Do a search here to find like minded folks. The forums can get rather antagonistic at times when dealing with any topic having to do with religion, just fyi.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You can add me! God is good! Most of my MFP friends are Christians!
  • BrotherCricket
    Options
    I don't know how much support I may be but you're welcome to add me as a friend, if you'd like. I am 33 years old, married for 10 years this December, have a 5 year old son and an 18 month old daughter. My wife and I are born-again Christians and I pastor a Church in addition to our 9-to-5 jobs. I have been doing this program since July and have lost 27 pounds. I fluctuate some because losing weight and getting on track isn't easy but the results are very much worth the effort! Your Brother in Christ, Brother Cricket.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. Here we go again.

I understand the rule, but I think Christians looking to add each other is pretty innocuous. I mean, as long as they're not proselytizing. Oh well...
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am also a faithful follower of Christ. And as such, this journey isn't just about losing weight to look thin. It's also about honoring my body as the holy temple that it is (I Cor. 6:19-20).

I am currently doing a bible study through my church based on the book Made To Crave by Lysa Teurkheurst. It has lots of great information on this journey. How to make it about changing our craving to God and not food, rather than just going on a diet and losing weight. I highly recommend the book, even if you aren't interested in the bible study itself.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish to build your friends list. But either way, I wish you the best on your journey. And remember that "he who began a good work in you with be faithful to complete it.." (Phil 1:6).
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Christians Unite seems to be the most active Christian group. I suggest it, and you can add me if you'd like.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. Here we go again.

I understand the rule, but I think Christians looking to add each other is pretty innocuous. I mean, as long as they're not proselytizing. Oh well...

I agree.

And if even if we/they are proselytizing, so what. They don't have to read it if it offends them. That's what I did last week when I opened up a message board with a fairly innocuous title and found it was on a topic I found totally inappropriate for a public forum. Big deal. I closed the message board and went on to another. It would never have crossed my mind to complain. Just don't participate in the message board if the subject matter offends or doesn't apply to you. We're all grown ups here.

The problem is that thistype of thread (one that is specific to ONE religion) is not allowed per the forum Guidelines. It is always more polite to abide by rules set by someone who owns the site. Your type of post is what causes so much trouble in Christian threads. You might want to check your attitude.

I certainly intended no offense to anyone with my comment. I was merely trying to state that we all have our own views and can choose not to participate in message boards that aren't in keeping with our beliefs. Not sure what it is about this that causes me to need to check my attitude. But if it was offensive, to anyone, I apologize. I guess I was just trying to say "to each his own". If I came across a message board for a belief system outside of one I could comfortably participate in, I would just click the "back" button and move onto the next message board. That was the only point I was trying to make.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    God help us all.

/Like
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. Here we go again.

I agree.

And if even if we/they are proselytizing, so what. They don't have to read it if it offends them. That's what I did last week when I opened up a message board with a fairly innocuous title and found it was on a topic I found totally inappropriate for a public forum. Big deal. I closed the message board and went on to another. It would never have crossed my mind to complain. Just don't participate in the message board if the subject matter offends or doesn't apply to you. We're all grown ups here.

The problem is that thistype of thread (one that is specific to ONE religion) is not allowed per the forum Guidelines. It is always more polite to abide by rules set by someone who owns the site. Your type of post is what causes so much trouble in Christian threads. You might want to check your attitude.

Did they change the guidelines again? Because they were allowing such topics...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Puleazeee I see many divisive topics and religious (non christian) ones that are not censored...Everytime I say this though my post seems to get deleted...IDK.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Support is support. I know fat christians that don't eat right or exercise. What the hell does religioin have to do with it? Geez. This kind of thing really pisses me off. Big time. It's ridicullous. Have fun in your fat Jesus pool.
    Give me a break. There are posts here every day from people looking for likeminded friends. She's been directed toward the groups, so move along.
This discussion has been closed.