Wheres all the active users at?

Options
Hey all!

I've been kicking about this website for a while now. Love being able to keep track of my calorie intake, exercise and progress. Love how supportive people are on here as well.

7 weeks ago however I had a horse riding accident where I decided it'd be a 'cracking' idea to ride my horse back from the field without a hat (no lectures please, had enough of those from my mum. its not law it was a stupid spur of the moment idea), anyway long story short and completely out of character my horse decided to take off and I ended up diving at the concrete head first cracking my head open, falling unconscious, losing my hearing and waking up with internal bleeding.

I had to go on a break and come away from this website because seeing all my friends progress was making me depressed because the hospital had told me I couldn't exercise at all whilst my skull was healing (6 weeks).

Had my last checkup and scan today at the hospital and everything is healing perfectly and I have been told I am allowed to start working out again now (no riding, drinking, driving, working or strenuous exercise until January because of the internal bleeding) however I have come back to find a majority of my friends haven't logged on in over 4 weeks which is sad.

The point of this message? I'm looking for some fellow MFP users that can offer support in which I shall return it.

I'm an active 18 year old female from England who throughout enjoys working out and living a healthy lifestyle!

Drop me a message/add if you're interested in my friendship!

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hi and welcome back. Glad to see you're okay from your accident. Take it easy and you'll soon be on your way to a full healthy lifestyle again. Sorry you haven't seen any of your regular MFP friends but feel free to add me if you wish. I am on here off and on throughout the day and would be glad to help cheer you on. :flowerforyou:
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Glad that your ok, sounds scary! Feel free to add me, I may not eat as "healthy" as others but I do stick within my calorie range.
  • jfthomas76
    jfthomas76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Glad you're OK, what a sary thing to have happen - i'm here pretty much everyday and I've just gotten into the support part of the site so feel free to add me.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wow girl-glad you are healing-how darn scary was that. Please feel free to add me if you'd like-I am on here almost everyday-I am a 50+ year young "girl" :wink:
  • tonibologne
    Options
    Glad to hear you are ok, after all that has happened. I understand it can be frustrating. Feel free to add if you want another friend on here.

-Antoniette
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Ewww...sorry to hear about your accident. I understand having trouble sitting it out. I had a very small fender bender in August, but got whip lash in my neck and lower back...I was sitting it out for 6 weeks too, then was told I could only slowly ramp back up to running, etc.

I am very active and I am on MFP every day. Feel free to add me for added support.

BTW - my husband and I rode horses for the first time on our anniversary in October...it was great. Just a sedate trail ride on herding horses but we loved it and can't wait to do it again.
  • kamalley
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm looking for some active friends too!

I'm on MFP & tracking just about every day, and my diary is open to friends. Please feel free to add me! =)
  • Jessamyfrm
    Options
    Added you all.

Thank you ladies, look forward to helping you through your journey!
  • divad1947
    Options
    Welcome back! So happy you're on your way to complete recovery. Important thing is you're going to be fine. I fell once when I had too much to drink back in my dangerous thirties. Broke my nose and arm. Off work for four months. I'm alot more cautious now. Take care of yourself. I just joined the fitness pal group. I get kind of bored with the food tracking. The calories mount up so fast! Always had a problem with weight. It was hard for me to make my weight wrestling in high school. I'm putting together a website for my clown business. I know if I take off fifty pounds I'll move alot better. Being overweight is no laughing matter. Take good care. Pepi the clown aka David