New and could use support!

Options
Hi everyone - I just started today and I definitely will need some support!

I'm 27 years old and need to lose at least 15 pounds (that's my goal for now, I may keep going once I reach it). I'm a junk food junkie but am trying very hard to break that habit! If anyone has similar goals or just wants a friend for motivation please feel free to add me!

Peace love and pixie dust!
xoxo
Fae

Replies

• gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i too am a junk food addict. i love sweets. cookies/pastries are my weakness! I wont buy them anymore.. and if they are around i try not to be in the same room with them/or " hide them" haha. its funny.. i can totally eat a serving.. or a little more of doritos or chips.. but cake/cookies nope no way unless its pre portioned. maybe try that.. get those 100 calorie snacks and limit yourself to 1 or 2 a day if you can.
  • jdubz18
    jdubz18 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I am a bit of a junk food junkie too. Cookies and candy are my downfall and with leftover Halloween candy, I've had my rough days...but I agree that letting yourself have a little will help you to not feel deprived. I play games with myself; allow myself to have one serving a day or whatever...just gotta keep track of it. Can't eat 10-15 pieces of candy, even if they are fun size!!! Good luck and welcome to the club! :)
  • FaeKnox
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I definitely need to limit how much of it I have around - and with Hurricane Sandy delaying Halloween in the area, there is a TON of Halloween candy still floating around everywhere! I think I'll wait until the majority of it is gone (taking it to work to share always helps) before allowing myself to have any - sweets are like potato chips for me, I can't have just one!
  • jlimonta
    Options
    :smile:
  • ambersheerin
    ambersheerin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to this too and feel exactly the same! I could definitely use some support because I haven't been very successful on my own yet!
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Jennie:
    Try reviewing this chart to help you determine what reasonable goals are:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

Also, make your food diary available for review by your friends. Have friends that will nicely point out to you when you are eating junk.

It takes 21 days to create new behaviors that will stick. Most people give up at 14 to 18 days. Push through to more than 21 days and you'll start seeing success.

Jonathan