Care to join me for some P90X?

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    guess i should do the intro too!

I've done 3 rounds of P90X, one of The Asylum (Insanity grad program) and just finishing Body Beast tomorrow. Taking a week off, then starting up an Asylum/P90X/Crossfit/Rock Climbing hybrid

My goal is to audition for American Ninja Warrior next time around. lol not even kidding. :)
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey all I got saturday all dialed in. It was KenpoX for me. Did good with it but may look to change it up next week as according to my HRM I was at about 60% my target heart rate. I know that Insanity gets my heart going but we will see.

CoachReddy-That is cool that you have gone through all that stuff. Also that is great that you are going to do all that in your next run. How are you going to schedule that stuff. Also great for you and good luck on your run at American Ninja Warrior. That takes alot of strength. Good luck and welcome. Feel free to share your stuff here. I know people can use it.

JoePrince-Yea mule, bring it!!! I start week 3. I am really trying to shoot for a day 90 look in the first month. I know it is doable a big goal I know but lets see how far I can push my body.....

Vsetter-All right!!!! Strap some weight to that and knock out the leg workouts. Monday is around the corner. Lets do this all!!!!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Only doing climbing and crossfit once a week, so it'll be something like...

M: Chest + Back
    T: Asylum workout in place of Plyo
    W: Rock Climbing
    Th: Yoga
    F: Shoulders+Arms
    Sa: CrossFit
    Su: Rest

I'm still working it out... but that looks decent for now. :)
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ok All --- I am headed into week 4. It's a rest week for me, which feels really strange. I really want to lift (especially now that I have my new barbell), but I am sure my body can use the break!

After this week, I will measure and report back. I am really hoping for a loss in body fat (especially since I was pouting just the other day about this).
  • primmomof3
    Options
    I am starting my challenge tomorrow. Is anyone else just beginning!!! I am going to need alot of support...Raising 6 children and homeschooling. Worried about fitting it all in!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I am starting my challenge tomorrow. Is anyone else just beginning!!! I am going to need alot of support...Raising 6 children and homeschooling. Worried about fitting it all in!

you can absolutely do it! the most important thing is to SCHEDULE your workouts ahead of time, so you don't leave it to chance. If you plan it out, you're much more likely to stick to it!

I'm starting my next round in a week, so I won't be too far behind you. :)
  • capinoy
    Options
    Hey all accountability time:
    Got it done!!! Love it. I increased my numbers again and upped my reps for all pullups, still at 35lbs, but crushed it. I a whole lot stronger this round.

Vsetter-recovery is very important so take the needed rest. Dont worry about hitting your new weight set. You will get plenty of use out of it after recovery week. Be prepared.

Reddy-That is a good schedule. For a second I thought you might be over training. Go get it Ninja warrior.

Primmomof3-welcome aboard. It's always nice to have more people. Dont worry we will be here for you if not for sure I will. I'll have my megaphone on blast if you need it. LOL I commend you for being a stay at home mom. I agree, just get your workout scheduled. Make that time your time. We are here for you.
    Everyone Have a great monday.

Charlie
  • capinoy
    Options
    Sorry for falling off everyone. Hard to stay on top when work calls. Chime in when you can. this is more of a support thread than anything else.

Accountability time-Legs and Back for me. Broke all previous records for me on the pull ups. Last weeks pull ups were in the 10 rep range with 35lbs attached. I upped the weight to 40lbs and managed to squeeze out 8 reps solid. Felt really strong. all my leg workouts with exception to groucho's, iso chair exercises and 80/20 squats had some weight added. Tonight after my son's harvest festival will be ARX. Be good over the weekend.

Charlie
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I am 3 weeks and 3 days away from completing this round... let's bring it today :)
  • capinoy
    Options
    Nicely done MsP90X. Cant wait to see your results. What are you going to do next?
    Charlie
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Woohooo
    Week 5 P90X. still going strong. wonder how everyone else is doing here.
    Hope all is well.
    I know its not easy, but we can do this.
  • capinoy
    Options
    Catepillardr-Hey glad to see you made it through, and great for week 5. I started phase 2 today and am loving it.

Everyone-I missed lifting weight all last week since it was recovery week. I cant wait for Wednesday as it will be Back and Bi’s. Gonna be adding 40lbs of extra weight for all my pull ups. Only way to improve is to up the numbers right? How is everyone doing? Anyone know how to post pix here on “OUR” thread without using photobucket? I looked at the sticky and is there an easier way?

Today marks the start of my P90X challenge group, and it will be nice to see the kind of progress they make on there journey as well.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What is your P90X challenge group?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    a challenge group is something run by Beachbody Coaches to help motivate and support folks who want to tackle P90X or any other Beachbody program.
  • capinoy
    Options
    Sorry Vsetter, but it is like what reddy said. Sorry for not posting earlier. I have been crazy busy trying to shuffle everything. I do get my workouts in but when I try to get to posting here something comes up. I do my best. It is a support group and right now the group I am working with is on day 5 and so far so good. They all made it through yoga with not complaints so that is a plus.

Accountablity-40lbs added to my pull ups for 10 reps. Heck yea and it was all strict form no kips. Feels good to add weight to it. Keep it up guys.
  • capinoy
    Options
    Happy Monday all. Today was the week 2 of Chest Shoulders and Triceps. Great workout workout today. Tonight will be ARX. What about you guys an gals. Whats on schedule for you?
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Plyo for me tonight Charlie :) Nearly at the end of this round and I will be doing Insanity next to get rid of some more grizzle before doing a FINAL round of P90x until I work out another schedule ;)

Keep pushing play everyone and BRING IT!
  • amitytwibell
    amitytwibell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are almost done with week 6 of the p90x Lean. It is definitely nice to have someone in the house to help keep you motivated, but I could use some help from elsewhere too! It's very hard to find the time to get the workouts done, we both work full time and have a 6 month old son.
  • capinoy
    Options
    Great MzP90X you got this, and great for you to jump right into Insanity. Some of people I am helping are asking what to do next and one bravely suggested Insanity Asylum. I am considering doing it with them for 30 days. we will see.
    Amitytwibell-is week 6 recovery week? That is great that you have your husband doing it with you. More motivation and it's nice to have a success buddy. If you are looking for more motivation, feel free to post here. We will be here for you. I'll be here for you. I check this daily, so post or message me. fulltime and a 6 month old. You remind me of me and my wife. I do understand what you are going through. Atleast you realize the truth that it is hard to manage everything an still get a workout in. Just dont use it as an excuse not to workout. Advise for you is try to do the workouts in the morning first thing. If it means going to bed early or late, make the time first thing. When my son and daughter were born it was tough getting the workouts in. It seemed like after they went to bed at the last feeding 2 am some times I was up at 4:00 am in complete zombie mode during the warm ups but come workout time I was up. I know it sounds hard but if you do it and do it consistently it will be like clock work. if am workouts will not work for both of you let me know and we can brainstorm something. If you want...

Charlie
  • capinoy
    Options
    Thursday accountability time. Yoga X with great deep stretches. Feel awesome. Again I use to laugh at yoga. Now I look forward to these days. Lets go team.