Hi, Anyone here post Bariatric Surgery?

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here's post Bariatric Surgery?

I recently had a Gastric Bypass and would be interested in 'befriending' other Bariatric Surgery members to compare diets and ideas?

Cheers!

Replies

• twosteps
    twosteps Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes, I am 2 years post Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Feel free to add me!

I've been using MFP for a few years but only recently been on the forums .

All the best!! xx
  • Jill1228
    Jill1228 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Had Rny last month. Feel free to friend me
  • troxendine
    Options
    I am new to this site and I had the RNY 3 weeks ago. I am still learning how to manage the site. I would like to have friends for support and talk about food ideas also.
  • ansandall
    Options
    Halloween will be my one year surgaversary! Gastric bypass is hard work but I feel great and am so happy i did it! I've lost 160lbs. Feel free to friend me.
  • ctsimon
    Options
    This is my first post. I am 7 weeks out of gastric sleeve surgery and am so happy to be rediscovering a happy me. So far I have lost 58 pounds and 3/4 of the clothes in my closet. It is so exciting and I am sure everyone around me is sick of hearing about it. So I'll go to others who can share my new joy. This is a tool and I love that it works. I just joined the gym and start tomorrow night. I can't wait to blow away my family at Christmas wearing a dress I haven't worn in many, many years. and soon I plan to try on my wedding dress to see if I can get that sipped(22 years). I am looking forward to sharing with new friends on the same journey..
    -150+/- lbs.
    Feel free to friend me.

This will be interesting for me, and in fact I am quite surprised I clicked to read this thread. I don't talk about having has gastric bypass, in fact the only person that even knows I had the surgery, outside of the medical team, is my husband. My children, who were both away at university at the time, don't even know and believe I became ill which caused the weightloss. I did have a horrible reaction to the surgery and did become quite ill, developed an eating disorder, and was on a feeding tube for 6 months, so it wasn't hard for my children to believe my weight loss was a result of my being so sick.

Perhaps finging this thread is what I need, to hear from all of you and gain support, in coming to terms with the fact that I did have gastric bypass and it's OK. It was NOT the easy route, and in fact was quite hard and those of us that have the surgery know how hard it is.

my weight has maintained since I hit the weight my body was happy to stay at. I am 5'7, and have maintained at 135-140 since i lost it all. Last year I developed swimmer's ear and still have it, so i can no longer swim which has lead to my gaining weight, and last week at my bi-monthly ENT doctor appointment I decided to get on the scale. Horrified to see I was 160 lbs. I knew I had gained, but all my clothes still fit so I wasn't too concerned until I saw 160 appear on the scale. OMG, this must stop NOW. So I joined MFP to begin tracking my food/calorie intake.

I apologize if this is TMI, but I am glad someone started this thread. I think I need some support and I have a lot of support to offer you. I can also answer a lot of questions--I've been doing this 7 years now and have learned a lot about what works and what might not work, and everything in between.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 20 months out from a Sleeve Gastrectomy. MFP has been a God send for me. I'm so thankful someone shared it with me. I've met some amazingly supportive people. It helped me get things rolling again after a major stall and a high stress time in my life. I've still got quite a ways to go, but am working on it.
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    There is a gastric bypass / lap band group....feel free to join us! Lots of great people and support!! And feel free to add me too...3/5/12!! Best health decision I ever made!!
  • Mrbusterb
    Options
    I'm 6 months out and feel great
  • drylaw
    Options
    hi i had a bypass in may 2012 so coming up for 6 months now i have lost about 6 stone since my op and almost 10 stone since my heaviest weight 2 years ago i still have a long way to go but would like to talk to similar people about things as i am still finding portion size difficult
  • laurithern
    laurithern Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for bariatric buddies. I had the gastric sleeve surgery in 2009 (best decision I have ever made). Please add me as a friend one and all.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had a RNY about 10 years ago. Feel free to add me . I just added you. ;-)
  • bkknauer
    Options
    hi i am a bariatric patient (gastric sleeve) done in jan 2011. I started at 336 and now weigh 172. I am trying to lose my last 12 or 22 since im unsure of how low I can go without skin surgery. I am always looking to support/be supported. feel free to friend me...
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Me! Me!! Me!!! RNY in April 2012...best decision I've EVER made in regards to my health.
  • RRAATT
    RRAATT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my surgery 06/25/12. I was on 7 meds and in size 26. Now I am on 2 med and a size 18. I got so much energy. Not everyone knows I had the surgery. It is really hard work. :wink:
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Hi, I had my surgery 06/25/12. I was on 7 meds and in size 26. Now I am on 2 med and a size 18. I got so much energy. Not everyone knows I had the surgery. It is really hard work. :wink:

It IS hard work! Anyone who says it's the easy way out or a crutch needs a drop kick to the neck.