Ladies' Jeans

Options
13»

Replies

• Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    I don't like either Lee or Levis. I do love Miss Me Jeans! They make a 45 year old but look like a 25 year old butt! They are pricey but well worth the money.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    you do know that Jordache makes jeans for GAP, Tommy, Levi's and Ambercrombie & Fitch right?
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of each, so I like both. Lee makes a great work pant (the cut for my pear shape is great) and certain Levi's fit great too. Small pockets do me in....so I try to stay away from those, I'll buy any jean with a great fit and doesn't have that big waist gap (I have a small waist vs lrg hips).
  • I don't give a damn about brands. What looks good on my *kitten* is what I buy.

I am the complete opposite and the brand is important to me as I am somewhat of a jeans snob. No excuses, I am what I am.

I grew up an equestrian and wore Levi's in the barn, and still do. However out in public I like expensive jeans. Paige are my favorite as the way they do the back pockets makes me #1) look like I have a bum, and #2) makes the bum look good. J Brand is also a favorite, especially their skinny jeans as they hug my legs and make them look lean and long.

FYI: Clinton Kelley, from What Not to Wear, is the one who turned me onto Paige jeans--at a makeover at Macy's he whispered to me to go across to Norstrom and try the Paige jeans as they would fix the "no bum" problem, and they do :)
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my favorite is hudson

Totally agree! Hudson's are awesome!!! The fit is so good and they are so figure flattering.
  • Lora_
    Lora_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Neither, I like American Eagle (I'm short and their petite size is perfect length for me)
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I'm not a brand person either...so whatever works. With that said, I do know that two of my favorite pairs are actually Levi's. I don't believe I have any Lee jeans. Soooo, I'm going with Levi's.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    you do know that Jordache makes jeans for GAP, Tommy, Levi's and Ambercrombie & Fitch right?

If you are talking to me, then no, I had no idea. I don't know anything about name brands these days. I have been buying "mom-jeans" at K-mart ever since I quit wearing maternity clothes in 1999. :laugh:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the idea of not caring about brand names. Just that Lees fit me like they were made for me. Can't seem to find anything else that looks good. And, I was glad to hear that Levi "sizing is funny," because I thought something was wrong with me. LOL

BTW, as Lees are ideal for me, I am offended by the person who said that they would not be caught dead in Lees. Sheesh! LOL
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For men - Levi's all the way!

For women - Levis! Lee just doesn't seem to fit all that well.

I haven't been jean shopping for a while...until 2 weeks ago. I hate stretch jeans btw; I spoke to the jean gal - told her I have girl body with curves. She recommended the 512 or the 529's Curvy Boot cut.

I took in 2 sizes of each type of jean - and get this - both pairs fit great - I decided on the 529's. THis has never happened before - usually I leave with out purchasing a pair cause I'm too depressed.

Available at JC Penny.