Do you assume your invited? How do I handle this?

Options
sunnygirl19
sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
So, both my sisters (There's 3 of us) got a "Save the date" invite on FB with a request for addresses for a cousin of ours, except I didn't. We dont live close to her but we all went to a wedding 2 years ago of another cousin. I feel awful to be overlooked like this. What do i say? Whats the best way to handle this? I might go, just need time to save and book a flight and hotel but I dont want to assume I am invited, HELP!!!

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'd email the cousin directly. "hey, just wanted to make sure that I get an invite. info doesn't always get relayed around the family the best, so I want to make sure I have all the info. Thanks!"

I recently did this with my cousin. Normally invites go to my dad, well I haven't lived with him in 10 years and he's horrible at relaying info. You probably weren't overlooked on purpose. Assuming there's no issues between you and this family member.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I would confirm that you are in fact invited first. Maybe they meant to include you but it didn't go through. I wouldn't suggest just showing up without knowing for a fact that you're on the list though, especially if it's some place you have to fly to and stay at a hotel.
  • Approach it as an oversight and ask your cousin directly. Let him/her know you are so happy for the couple, etc.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'd follow the advice that seems to be going around...

Unless you KNEW that you two were fighting and not getting along well... then she might have thought that by sending it to your parent's etc that she might have just assumed that they would get the message to you too. Or maybe she knew that you had to travel so just figured that you wouldn't want to spend the money to travel to where she is, even if she DOES want you there.

I would call her or send her a message and just say something like "Hey, cool either way, I know how expensive weddings are for catering, etc... but I'm just want to make sure that I have the time off work, etc if I was invited. So fine either way but if you could just let me know that would be great!"
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I seem to be overannalizing everything lately. I will take the direct approach and talk tp her and let her know its fine either way. Thanks!!!