Question about Water Weight!

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
I've googled and I have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject, but still want everyone else's opinion. I've learned that I trust info from peoples experience more than what science says. I ate horribly this past weekend. Not like excess calories making me gain weight, but like highly processed foods and lots of sodium. I also didn't drink water all weekend! So I am up a few pounds and I'm sure it's water weight. The problem is I have several important weigh in's this week! So I need to drop this water weight fast! What has worked for you???

Replies

• michellejayne
    Options
    Myself, i need to watch sodium intake and drink alot of water not to retain water, the more i eat out on weekends and not drink much water i always have a weight gain!!!
  • iamalexa
    iamalexa Posts: 53
    Options
    You could sit in a sauna! Those make you sweat like crazy, or work out with plastics and just tons of clothes! Good luck
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Excersise...where it's hot.
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    Drink a lot of water. Caffeine is a diuretic (makes you lose water weight) so some coffee or green tea. Also seems weird but Midol and PMS pills have diuretic's in them too (when you're bloated that time of the month lol). But really it's just water weight you shouldn't worry about it, it comes and goes like your own little ocean tide haha
  • KarenKiesel
    Options
    Asparagus is a natural diuretic. When i want to drop my water weight (I too gain 2-3 pounds of water weight from eating highly processed foods) I eat a bunch of Asparagus and drink lots of water.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Water, at least 3L a day until your weigh-ins. You can add lemon too, for a little extra. And eat 'clean', avoid all processed stuff, and eat lots of salads and other 'real' foods.

Also, some people will say not to drink any water before you weigh in, but in my experience, I like to chug a big litre of water about an hour beforehand, and then wait until the very last minute to pee, so you can get as much extra water out as possible. Sorry if that's TMI! :laugh:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Water, at least 3L a day until your weigh-ins. You can add lemon too, for a little extra. And eat 'clean', avoid all processed stuff, and eat lots of salads and other 'real' foods.

Also, some people will say not to drink any water before you weigh in, but in my experience, I like to chug a big litre of water about an hour beforehand, and then wait until the very last minute to pee, so you can get as much extra water out as possible. Sorry if that's TMI! :laugh:

I've weighted myself in the morning and then take my morning medications with a HUGE glass (24 oz) of water and about 10 minutes later I pee and weigh again and I'm often down about a pound. I'm also not just saying that since I'm part of one of your big weigh ins this week :laugh:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have read that using the sauna does not just help you lose water weight, it also helps you burn more calories. Your body needs to work harder to try to stabalize your body temperature so it burns calories, plus it sweats out that extra water for all that tastey salt I love, and cleans our your pores!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice yall! I dropped 4 pounds from yesterday! and what I did was drink water with a little lemon juice in each bottle, I had 140 oz yesterday! I went to the gym and did an hour on the elliptical at the highest level I could do in a sweat suit! I thought I was going to die...but I didn't. I stopped drinking water after my last bottle at the gym. Then wola! I was down this morning! Also didn't eat much sodium yesterday. so i'm sure that helped! I love the sauna! but I don't know where to go to one around here! We have one at the ymca but i'm not a member there sooooo.....sweating does the same thing though. sweats out the toxins and cleans your pores. healthy stuff!!! thanks for the help again! btw catherine....hhhhmmm....is this sabotage??? cuz if i drink water before a weigh in it just makes my weight go up! i drank a bottle on the way to work this morning and i was up a pound when i weighed at work?
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice yall! I dropped 4 pounds from yesterday! and what I did was drink water with a little lemon juice in each bottle, I had 140 oz yesterday! I went to the gym and did an hour on the elliptical at the highest level I could do in a sweat suit! I thought I was going to die...but I didn't. I stopped drinking water after my last bottle at the gym. Then wola! I was down this morning! Also didn't eat much sodium yesterday. so i'm sure that helped! I love the sauna! but I don't know where to go to one around here! We have one at the ymca but i'm not a member there sooooo.....sweating does the same thing though. sweats out the toxins and cleans your pores. healthy stuff!!! thanks for the help again! btw catherine....hhhhmmm....is this sabotage??? cuz if i drink water before a weigh in it just makes my weight go up! i drank a bottle on the way to work this morning and i was up a pound when i weighed at work?

Did you drink a bunch of water and waiting for a huge pee? I did that this morning and I dropped 1 more pound.