Awesome NSV for me!

Options
radosti1
radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
I had 3 kids and gestational diabetes with each. I was pre-diabetic (Type 2) and was told 3 years ago that on the course that I was on, and with my family history of diabetes, I had (give or take) 3 years before I was insulin dependent. The last time I had my cholesterol tested, it was 267.

So, for the past 14 months, I have been here. Weight loss was easy at first, then hard. Now, at 140 lbs, it has ground to a halt, I am 5'4". However, this became a way of life. Eating habits changed, exercise got added, sugar got cut out (unless it's fruit or the occasional indulgence), fish and chicken replaced steak except for special occasions. I adopted a dog who decided her goal in life was to drag me out for a run at least once a day, she is my personal trainer.

So, despite the stuck number on the scale and the mommy belly being all stretched out, there were other NSV's to keep me going. Sizewise I went from 14 to 6/8, I have strength and endurance, I just feel better.

However, as my youngest nears her 3rd birthday at the end of this month, the big D felt like it was looming closer and closer. So, I had bloodwork done. Got my results today and I feel like shouting from the rooftops!

My fasting glucose is a very excitingly boring 84 (normal is 65-99) and my cholesterol is 169 (normal is 100-199). That's 98 mg lower than last time! So, I am healthier all around. Very grateful for the MFP tool and all my friends cheering me on here!

Replies

• lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your tremendous progress on all levels!!!! Be very proud of all you have accomplished so far! :flowerforyou:
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    that is an amazing NSV... think of all the clothes you can buy since you won't have to spend your money on medicine... :happy: congratulations!
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yay! Your kids and someday grandkids will say thank you for and changing your life so you can be around for them.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :drinker: YAYYYY
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! Very awesome achievements on all fronts!!!
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The physical appearance progress has been amazing too. I didn't want to downplay that.
    552394_4350671439248_37910738_n.jpg
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and you ROCKED the tests! Good for you! (GREAT) for you!
  • chicfreak9
    chicfreak9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    best NSV ever !
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Good for you for taking charge of your health and your life!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Big congrats!!! All your hard work has paid off!! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!