Easy recipes??

Options
sjeagle30
sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
Does anyone have easy recipes of any kind? I dont care what it is. 5 ingredients or less would be nice. So many times I see a recipe and I think wow that looks good I am so having this tonight....then I click on it and see 179035734 steps and back out :(
Either I dont have all of the stuff at home or it just involves too much time and though process :tongue:

Replies

• DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on this!!! Bumping and will be checking in often!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    There is a cooking show called "five ingredients". If you go to Foodtv.com and search "five ingredients", 400 recipes come up! Skinnytaste.com has some great recipes too-you may have to plan ahead for the ingredients but so far everything I've tried of hers I've liked.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    1. Cut Peach into slices
    2. Eat.

1. Break up head of lettuce
    2. Add Carrots, Celery, Cucumbers
    3. Mix well.

________[img]http://sfgf.lilyslim.com/PzhJm6.png width="400" height="80" border="0"[/img]________
  • sjeagle30
    Options
    1. Cut Peach into slices
    2. Eat.

3. Mix well.

haha. thanks :laugh:

________[img]http://sfgf.lilyslim.com/PzhJm6.png width="400" height="80" border="0"[/img]________
  • sjeagle30
    Options
    There is a cooking show called "five ingredients". If you go to Foodtv.com and search "five ingredients", 400 recipes come up! Skinnytaste.com has some great recipes too-you may have to plan ahead for the ingredients but so far everything I've tried of hers I've liked.

Thank you. I will check this out!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    1 package apple chicken sausage( cut links up into circles and then halve them)
    2-3 cups baby spinach
    1 yellow or green zucchini(chopped into bite sized pieces)
    minced dry onions
    black pepper

add pam cooking spray to large skillet...add zucchini and sautee to your liking. Add in sausage, spinach, dried onions and black pepper and cook covered until spinach is wilted. Serve as is, over a salad, with brown rice/pasta, or heat up a tortilla and serve in that. This is so easy and one of my new go to meals...very delicious and low in calories!
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    The easiest recipe I have tried in a while is salsa chicken. I make it pretty lean to fit my goals but its basically just a pack of chicken breasts trimmed added to a jar of lowish sodium, no sugar on-ingredient-list salsa and a can of diced tomatoes. Put it in a crock pot on low for like 7 or 8 hours and shred the chicken! It's amazing. I've seen other people add corn or beans depending on their macro nutrient goals. Then eat it over brown rice, in a sprouted wrap or over a salad.
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The crockpot is great for this. Seriously. The night before, add meat, veggies, turn on low/warm and go to bed. You have dinner ready and waiting for you when you get home from work the next day.

It doesn't get much easier than this, and it always tastes good.
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump i work nights and only get an hour break so the faster the better
  • mlclarke22
    Options
    bruchetta chicken

1 package perdue perfect portions(or any chicken breasts you have on hand)
    1 can no sodium added petite diced tomatoes
    dry minced onions
    basil
    blck pepper

put chicken in a not stick baking dish, cover with tomatoes, add onions, basil and black pepper. bake until juices run clear(about 25-30 mins @350)

"spagetti and meat sauce"

1 spagetti squash
    2-3 tomatoes diced
    1/2 lb ground turkey
    cut spaghetti squash in half and bake face down in oven at 350 for about 45 mins(until fork tender) while this is cooking brown up gound turkey and season to your liking, add tomatoes and a small can of sauce if desired. mix in with squash..YUM!

crockpot fajita chicken

5-6 boneless chicken breast
    4 bell peppers(red yellow orange and green)
    1 small onion thinkly sliced
    1/2 cup of low sodium or no sodium added chickn broth(or water)
    cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper to taste

add all ingredients to crockpot...cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours. serve with black beans/rice or tortillas. I eat it as is.
  • mlclarke22
    Options
    I am obsesssed with making easy quick and healthy recipes all the time...if anyone is looking for some hit me up..im sure i have something up my sleeve you all might like!!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1. Cut Peach into slices
    2. Eat.

3. Mix well.

*applauds* That is just to funny. xD
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Try mixing frozen bananas and soy milk or water.
  • szap
    szap Posts: 5
    Options
    Go to Betty Crocker Healthified Receipes. They are delicious and easy to make.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a section of quick and easy meals. I've never tried anything from this site that wasn't really, really good:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Quick and Easy Meals

She also has a lot of crock pot recipes.

And speaking of crock pots, http://skinnyms.com/ is the motherload of slow cooker recipes.
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    bump
  • sjeagle30
    Options
    You guys are all awesome!! Keep em coming :)
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    These are soooo delicious!

No-Bake Breakfast Bars

Ingredients:
    1 cup honey
    1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter – I used almond butter due to my son’s allergy to peanuts)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup dried cranberries (or your favorite dried fruit, diced)
    5 cups high fiber cereal (I used Kashi Go Lean! Crisp cereal)

Preparation:
    In a large mixing bowl, pour in honey, vanilla and salt. Heat in the microwave until mixture is thin and watery, about 60 seconds. Add peanut butter (or nut butter) and stir until it melts. Add dried fruit and cereal and combine until cereal is well coated. Line a baking dish with wax paper and spread cereal mixture evenly into pan and press firmly to set. Leave to cool overnight or place in refrigerator. When bars are hard, cut into squares.
  • ercarnes
    ercarnes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • evolutioner
    Options
    Handful of Watercress
    1 Avocado
    1/2 lemon squeezed

mix in small bowl

2 Ripe Bananas ( Mash them up w/ a fork )
    1 - 2 tbsp Honey
    Chocolate powder as much as you like
    1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder

mix in small bowl

Boiled sweet potato/yam then mash it with a fork
    2 tbsp of honey
    1 tsp of Sea Salt

mix in small bowl

1 young thai coconut/ 1 cup of canned coconut milk
    1 c of coconut flakes
    1 banana or a few dates
    1 tsp Sea Salt

mix in a blender

1 - 2 large pieces of ginger root chop it up then in a put it in a pot
    1 c of sugar and 1 c of water boil it let it reduce to half take out the ginger and let it boil again let it reduce by half
    2 c of sparkling water and the 1 tsp of your ginger syrup w/ ice and you have ginger ale :D

Final step taste the awesomenessess