My new dream car...

Options
jcstanton
jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
Okay, so I've been wanting a new Dodge Charger for several years now...until Jeff Dunham posted this on his Facebook wall the other day. This car makes my knees weak!!!

(Disclaimer: I can't post pics through photobucket right now because I'm at work. I have to post a link instead.)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Jeff+Dunham+Dodge+Challenger&view=detail&id=2229D96515E9621B726F6B883391817BB9D1E148&first=1

Replies

• qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I see someone is paying attention to SEMA! Ill take this, please! My friend does custom car design and this is one of his designs. Built by D3 Cadillac, 1000hp street racer. Justin Bieber was very disappointed when they put his CTS-V coupe next to this one. :)

d3-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-01_gallery_image_large.jpg&w=600&h=366&ei=oiaYULrwAfHr0QHnrYCIAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=2&sig=110626249464751167372&page=4&tbnh=170&tbnw=252&start=40&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:29,s:20,i:263&tx=136&ty=100Sorry I knew that wasnt going to work. I will try to fix it later!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Sorry I knew that wasnt going to work. I will try to fix it later!

d3-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-01_gallery_image_large.jpg
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ford: Found On Road Dead
    Dodge: Stay Away!
    Chevy: Problemic

I don't understand why people would want to buy an America car. It is really expensive to maintenance the America cars compared with foregin cars. The American cars do get break down too often and that's why its way cheap to luke you in to buy it.

Buy Toyota or Honda if you want to save $$$. Buy BMW for a driving pleasure.

This is my dream car, BMW M3 E46 and E36.

E46
    20436480003_large.jpg

E36
    393494947.jpg

If I had the money, Porsche GT3

porsche-gt3-04.jpg
  • jcstanton
    Options

I don't understand why people would want to buy an America car. It is really expensive to maintenance the America cars compared with foregin cars. The American cars do get break down too often and that's why its way cheap to luke you in to buy it.

Sorry. I worked in the service department of a BMW dealership for several years. I strongly disagree with you on the expense and the amount of problems they have. People who had brand new, $70,000 BMW's were in there at least every other week with something that wasn't running right. Parts were super expensive because they usually had to be imported. Those that had older BMW's basically had a money pit on wheels. I've had a Chevy for nearly ten years. It has more than 170,000 miles on it. I've never had any major issues with it, and it's never left me stranded...except when I locked my keys in the car. :blushing: Most people I know who have bought American made have not had half of the issues the BMW owners I've met.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Sorry. I worked in the service department of a BMW dealership for several years. I strongly disagree with you on the expense and the amount of problems they have. People who had brand new, $70,000 BMW's were in there at least every other week with something that wasn't running right. Parts were super expensive because they usually had to be imported. Those that had older BMW's basically had a money pit on wheels. I've had a Chevy for nearly ten years. It has more than 170,000 miles on it. I've never had any major issues with it, and it's never left me stranded...except when I locked my keys in the car. :blushing: Most people I know who have bought American made have not had half of the issues the BMW owners I've met.

Agree! My husband will buy nothing BUT American. We have a Dodge, Buick, and Pontiac and other than maintenance issues due to the fact that they're older (1998, 2002, and 2004) we have NO problems with them whatsoever! I know PLENTY of people with BMWs, Lexus', etc who are always taking their cars in for work!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I see someone is paying attention to SEMA!

Actually, I was paying attention to Jeff Dunham and he brought it to my attention. :laugh: I do like my cars the way I like my men, though. Lots of good old American muscle!!! :love:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

i agree with the Ford thing.
    THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH CHEVYS!
    && i'll drive a dodge before i drive a Ford!

and Ford backwards - Driver running on foot.

P.S. Dont underestimate the power of american muscle!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    bugatti-8.jpg
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    WHao! I prefer American Vehicles!

I dont know about higher priced maintenance! I know foreign vehicle cost more than American. Plus Dodge is the toughest of them. Long lasting along with Jeep and Chrylser!!
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Interesting. I know German parts are very expensive but they do last pretty long if you keep up with the maintenance intervals, unlike with the American cars.

Well, I have know many of friends that owns BMW doesn't come up with same thing as you have described it. I would guess that most of those folks who came to your dealership weren't a BMW enthusiast and have abused the car.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Mine is the Monte Carlo SS

________[img]http://sfgf.lilyslim.com/PzhJm6.png width="400" height="80" border="0"[/img]________
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    most cars today are reliable. but if you want performance, handling, driving experience etc....you are still better off with German, Italian, Japanese over American.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my dream car has always been a mazda miata. a new one for driving, and a 1998 tricked out for racing...

but that challenger has me on the fence. it looks so good! whenever i see one driving i always try to catch up to get a good look. (unfortunately i usually lose them because i drive a hyundai accent and the hamsters cant keep up)

the challenger is just a beautiful car. i love american muscle.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Challenger has ALWAYS been my dream car.

In White!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

i do collision repair and i disagree with you somewhat. american car parts are cheap, so are honda and toyota, bmw parts however are very expensive.
    personally, i drive a honda, i have also owned a chevy and a nissan and had no problems with any of them. from my experience, if you take car of your car, it will last a long time, no matter who made it
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    A red 69' charger with two black racing stripes going down the back and black leather interior.
    One day... One day..
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Interesting. I know German parts are very expensive but they do last pretty long if you keep up with the maintenance intervals, unlike with the American cars.

Well, I have know many of friends that owns BMW doesn't come up with same thing as you have described it. I would guess that most of those folks who came to your dealership weren't a BMW enthusiast and have abused the car.

BMW enthusiasts are the ones in the shops the most.

Ever known someone with an M3 or M5? A few years and models are a bit better, but still way way more expensive to maintain than any other car in that price range.

Seriously, M3 drivers dump so much money into their cars every year.

That charger and challenger are YUCK. If we're talking about American muscle, give me a GTO, classic Camaro, or Corvette any day.

Dream car:

f1-lm-front_opt.jpg
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    bugatti-8.jpg

I was going to post this! !

:heart:
  • njitalian
    Options
    I'm driving one of my dream cars (CLS ) now I have my sights set on a Panamera Turbo S.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I'm driving one of my dream cars (CLS ) now I have my sights set on a Panamera Turbo S.

Your profile pic makes me blush. :blushing: Holy crap!