Water makes me cold

Options
Anyone else have problems drinking enough H2O on cold days? We keep our house temp low to save $ and when I drink water it makes me chilly. I try to drink a lot of tea/coffee figuring it's at least liquid, but I can't drink it fast enough. Not sure if I have any other options.

Replies

• splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try hot water and lemon. That's how I start my mornings sometime:smile:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I love hot water with lemon, and herbal teas. There are so many zingy flavours of herbal tea it's hard to get bored! I get cold in the winter too.
  • loztredders
    Options
    I just drink plain hot water (boiled from the kettle) when it's cold, keeps me hydrated and warm at the same time - double win :-)
    May take some getting used to, but now I actually prefer hot to cold water!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would also second trying to drink hot tea. I can drink peppermint/mint medley & chai type teas without needing to sweeten then because of the flavor of them. Can you try that maybe?
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, try hot water or tea. Another option is to drink room temperature water. Might sound odd, but I find it difficult to drink cold water (I tend to drink it slower and it hurts my teeth), so I usually leave my Brita pitcher on the kitchen counter.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Our water cooler at work is broken and I've gotten used to drinking room temperature water and it's not bad!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I bring 5 or 6 bottles of water to work with me and by afternoon they are warm. I dont mind drinking room temp water anymore. Maybe you can try that if you dont like hot water.
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to try some hot water and lemon this evening. Not sure why I didn't think of that since I do like lemon in cold water. I'll try drinkig the room temp water too :)
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Forgive me if this is callous but don't the anorexic sites say that being cold burns more calories (saw an article once)? So there may be a silver lining
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Needamulligan, I've found if i'm cold i'm more likely to give in to a hot snack to warm me up, and thats often way more cals.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I can't drink room tempeture water unless I've been working out, but water does regulate our body tempeture so when you're drinking cold water that's what causes you to get cold. I notice I am always cold at lunch time because all I eat is cold food and drinks, lol.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    all the water i drink is at room temperature. try it.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get cold when I drink cold water also. I have resorted to letting a jug of water sit on my counter and drink from that during the day. I keep my house cooler too and if I find the water still too cold I will nuke it for a few seconds. I too have heard that drinking cold water helps you burn more calories because your body expends energy trying to keep you warm, but personally I would rather be comfortable drinking my water.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have problems drinking enough H2O on cold days? We keep our house temp low to save $ and when I drink water it makes me chilly. I try to drink a lot of tea/coffee figuring it's at least liquid, but I can't drink it fast enough. Not sure if I have any other options.
    '

Yes me too. I actually prefer it room temp or will run it a little warm and then I just chug it down. I'm not a sipper.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hot drinks still hydrate you. The caffeine has a negligible effect. So, carry on with the tea.