Fitbit!!

Options
Hey lovelies, I'm just wondering if anyone has a fitbit??
Would you recommend one? And which one would you say is best to get??
I'm looking at them but I'm not really sure if it would be benifical?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Lauren :)

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thinking about one for myself so I'm subscribing to see what others have to say!
  • ZombieMercy
    ZombieMercy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump....wondering the same thing
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra and I love it! But I hear the new model is more waterproof so if I were to buy one for the first time now I would buy the new one. Buy it from their website and save the box w the serial numbers and a copy of your receipt and that way, if anything happens to it, they will replace it for free!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! I like that you can set goals and then monitor them online. You can even use it to see how well you sleep.
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    I have one. I'm honestly not impressed. Of course I might like it if I could get my computer and it synced together but I have been unable to. Haven't been wearing it and it shows the calories I burned.... really! How does that work if I'm not wearing it!
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both had the original one and loved it. We were surprised with how much that little thing kept us accountable. Luckily we purchased ours just before the new ones came out. Today we got our Fitbit One's in.

The other reason for the exchange was I had a problem with the fit bit slipping out of the case, which was fixed with the new one.

If you have any questions while researching let me know.
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    I have the Ultra and I love it! But I hear the new model is more waterproof so if I were to buy one for the first time now I would buy the new one. Buy it from their website and save the box w the serial numbers and a copy of your receipt and that way, if anything happens to it, they will replace it for free!
    I would agree. I had to replace my first one the very first time I ran with it. The way the 'holder' is shaped, it a mini reservoir for water!
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    I have one. I'm honestly not impressed. Of course I might like it if I could get my computer and it synced together but I have been unable to. Haven't been wearing it and it shows the calories I burned.... really! How does that work if I'm not wearing it!
    Hmmm, that is a good question. Did you email them and ask?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit Ultra since January and I would recommend it. I like knowing how many steps and flights of stairs I go up each day. I think my model is being replaced by the Fitbit One, which allows you to sync it directly to your cell phone using bluetooth, instead of only the charger base, which would be a nice feature to have
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra but I've been on a plateau since I got mine. So I don't know if it is just plateau time or if I'm not getting as much info from mine as I should be....I do however like the step counting and the flights of stairs AND it is pushing me to work toward a goal.....
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    My wife and I both had the original one and loved it. We were surprised with how much that little thing kept us accountable. Luckily we purchased ours just before the new ones came out. Today we got our Fitbit One's in.

The other reason for the exchange was I had a problem with the fit bit slipping out of the case, which was fixed with the new one.

If you have any questions while researching let me know.
    Exchange? Did you just ask them to exchange for the new one?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

that's because it is set with your BMR (assuming you set it up online with your correct BMR), so it's showing you the calories you would burn throughout the day without even moving
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lauren. I am curious also.
  • roundtherink
    Options
    I love mine. I did, however, have major issues getting it to sync with MFP, and I ended up un-linking the accounts since it was messing up my exercise logs on here.
    That said, I still love it. Its great knowing my steps for the day, helpful in setting goals, and great for motivating you to keep active.
    I just keep the accounts separate.
  • kais79
    kais79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

that's because it is set with your BMR (assuming you set it up online with your correct BMR), so it's showing you the calories you would burn throughout the day without even moving

Yes. The FitBit website is set up to be a fully functional dieting website even though those of us here use MFP for our food diary so it will show you the calories you're burning without wearing the Fitbit as if you were not active; you are still burning calories.
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I bought one recently, unfortunately I had to claim the warranty and am expecting a new one soon.

BUT when it was working, it was great! I loved it and it makes tracking so much easier!
  • evmoses
    evmoses Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You read my mind! lol I was going to post this today and here it is! Thanks...think I will go online and order one now!
  • kellis155
    Options
    I have an ultra and recently upgraded to the one. I LOVE IT. I love how it interfaces with MFP as well. If you have the budget, I'd buy the newest model. It will synch with your phone via bluetooth (if you have 4.0 or higher... my iphone 5 works great) and the vibrating alarm is pretty cool. If your short on cash, the ultra is also a great model (just without some of the fancy stuff).
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love mine too. I am not a very good sleeper so this is helping me with that. I also like to get the special badges that you can earn by doing more and more. Counts how many flights of stairs you go up a day and turns your steps in to miles. I say go for it.
  • _Mary_L
    Options
    Does anyone know when the Fitbit One comes out?