I need some motivation...PLEASE!!

Hi everyone,
My name is Jami. I am 27. I am going to be doing the gastric sleeve(weight loss surgery) which requires me to be on a diet for six months before hand. My doc is requiring me to be on a 1000 cal intake which consists of 2 protein shakes 1 for bfast and 1 for lunch and to have a small to moderate supper and 1 snack daily!! I did very well with day one and I hope I continue to do well...Any advice or support would be very helpful!

Replies

• jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Hi Jami! I'm on here almost every day so I can definitely help support and motivate you! This site is AWESOME you're going to :heart: it! :happy:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jami. I am 27. I am going to be doing the gastric sleeve(weight loss surgery) which requires me to be on a diet for six months before hand. My doc is requiring me to be on a 1000 cal intake which consists of 2 protein shakes 1 for bfast and 1 for lunch and to have a small to moderate supper and 1 snack daily!! I did very well with day one and I hope I continue to do well...Any advice or support would be very helpful!

Hi Jami, I'm Bobbie and I'm glad you are doing this under a doctors care. My diary is open if you want ideas. I eat more than that but from January through March this year I hovered around 1000 calories so it might give you some ideas. I was also under a doctors care throughout my weight loss journey. I'm small and my RMR is low, and I'm older, and everyone is different. There is no one size fits all. I like to eat mostly healthy home prepared foods. I'm not much of a planner. I eat what I feel like eating and some days are more balanced than others. I also have some vacation days where I ate a lot of treats. I am maintaining now so I probably have a little more flexibility with "vacation days" where I'm enjoying foods in a different manner compared to a normal day. I don't deprive myself of any certain kinds of foods except for health reasons, but I try to eat healthy within the calorie budget I set for myself for various weeks.

Best of luck to you!
  • jwaller7577
    jwaller7577 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks ladies. I am under strict diet restrictions due to this upcoming surgery!! Its kinda scary if you ask me because it is mainly liquid :/
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I had the duodenal switch surgery a little over a yr. ago due to gastric bile reflux, but it has helped me lose wt. But it is only a tool and I still have to watch what I eat or I get really sick. I know what it is like to follow a diet and make sure I get 75-100 gms. of protein a day. I can't drink the shakes because I became lactose intolerant after my surgery, but I get my protein in almost every day. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. You can also feel free to message me anytime. I am on here everyday and have an open diary.