half way to my goal and its getting difficult

Options
Im not sure if you feel this way but my goal is 70 lbs lost and Im 1/2 way there. Ive lost 35 lbs and its really starting to get difficult now. I love the feeling of fitting into clothes that I havent fit into before and looking and feeling better but I know this second 1/2 of my journey is going to be difficult for me. I just have to keep thinking of good motivating thoughts and keep pictures of what I use to look like up on my fridge or something...How does everyone get over a slump and bend in the road to their goal? Thanks for your help..:heart:

Replies

• Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wtg you have done so good.. I have been doing this for two years and even though it's a daily struggle I just keep plugging along and love seeing and hearing from others about my result... You can do this.. Don't give up hun.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I doubt that the entire second half of your journey will be difficult. You may have some difficult stretches here and there, but all in all, I think you'll be okay. You already (clearly) know what you need to do. Just do not let a slump or a slow down completely derail you. Just keep on keeping on. Good luck!!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Super loss! The second half is always harder. The blush is off the rose. The novelty has worn off a bit.
    And the first pounds do go off easier. Partly because you drop a fair bit of water weight.
    Leveling out your micros, macros, vitamins minerals etc. Makes you feel better.
    Sad, but true you get used to feeling that way. It's not new anymore!
    Your body catches up to your exercise program. It wants you to 'step it up'
    As you lose weight, your body needs fewer calories. Smaller body less food.
    But not so little it's restrictive. I have a goal. A major physical adventure vacation.
    While working on the weight loss, I'm also saving up money , so I won't have to put it on credit.
    A three fold motivation. And yes I still rely heavily on my MFP friends.
    Stick with it Cindy. You're on this thing.:heart:
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great progress!! Don't give up like you said you are half way there! Keep pushing woman you got this man!!
  • DianeInWA
    DianeInWA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have also just passed the 1/2 way point and hit a rough patch. I was all gung ho in the beginning and now I'm hitting a slump. Part of it is because MFP reduces the amount of calories I can eat every time I lose 10 pounds. This feature has been great because I haven't had too many plateaus so far. But I miss those little extras I used to have during the day. And in order to have them, I now have to EXERCISE. Uck, ackkkk, euwww...exercise. But I've been doing it and I'm actually starting to enjoy some of it. Other people posting say it gets better so I'm hanging in there. I certainly feel better.

I also decided that I could take a week off and just maintain. Not binge, or go crazy, but not be on reduced calories. I could reset my goals to 0 pounds per week loss and have a few things that I have been missing since I started 6 months ago. I haven't done it, but knowing that I could gave me a second wind to keep going.

I also have my bi-annual appointment with my cardiologist coming up in 2 weeks. So I have the external motivation of wanting to make a good showing to him. Two and a half years ago when I smoked, weighed close to 300, just hit age 60, had high blood pressure and cholesterol, I was told I had a 30% chance of having a heart attack or stoke in the next 10 years. At my last appointment, with stopping smoking and only losing about 20 pounds at that time, he said my odds were down to 8%. So I'm looking forward to even lower odds now.

So I guess what I'm saying is to try to enjoy the little goals along the way (10 lb. loss, a compliment here and there, a new pants size, etc.). Hopefully, it will help you stay on track. And you did the right thing posting to MFP. I'm sure there will be lots of others cheering you on. I am.
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    thanks all for the motivating words. I definately won't quit but I think I just needed to get my voice out there and see is everyone gets to this point of lets call it frustration :) thanks again...I am woman..I am invincible :) have a good day!:flowerforyou:
  • Anna19911
    Options
    It took me over a year to get through that 'hump'. It just takes motivation and accountability. Accountability is what gets me through the hardest days!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2/3 of the way to my goal, and I too feel in many ways it is getting harder. I look and feel better, and it would be so easy just to stay like I am now. I'm 11 lbs from a 'healthy' weight according to my BMI. But I want to finish it off, and lose the 31 lbs that will take me to my goal. I think MFP really helps me have the motivation to keep going. I think I lose weight more slowly now. And because I am transitioning from walking to running, I am hungrier. So I struggle with this. So you're not alone!
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    I have lost 90 and not sure what my goal is until I reach it. I am in the same boat with you. It does get tougher with the second half of weight to lose. Mine has slowed down a lot since I can not swim right now. I try walking and it kills me from past foot problems but I still manage to try to get in a few walking days a week, Mostly in a mall or WalMart where it is safe. I am not giving up, I am around half way there give or a take a few pounds. I have also noticed this, I lose weight a few pounds then I have a water weight gain that I have to battle sometimes over a week when I finally get it back down I lose a few more pounds then the water weight starts climbing again. It makes me feel fatter because I am so bloated from water weight. Hang in there though, look how far you have come!