Fitbit!!

Options

Replies

• _Mary_L
    Options
    When you buy it from their site, do you know if you have to pay extra for the replacement plan in case something happens to it??
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra and really like it. I think it was well worth the money. My case broke. It still works fine without it but when I emailed them they said thy will send me another case at no cost.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When you buy it from their site, do you know if you have to pay extra for the replacement plan in case something happens to it??

Nope, there's no replacement plan. Just keep the receipt and if it needs to be replaced, they'll send you a new one. :)

I love my FitBit Ultra! Of course, it was the only one available when I got it in late August, but if I were to get one now, it'd be The One. I like tracking my sleep and having a silent alarm would be cool, as well as being able to sync through my phone!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I disliked my fitbit one a great deal, I mean how can a small thing like that really tell me I burned this many calories by walking when it doesn't go off my heart rate or anything else to do with my body. So I sent it back and got Bodymedia Core Armband and I LOVE IT!! it goes off my heart rate and body and can 90% accurately tell me how much I have burned and how vigorous I am doing it. So I would research between EVERYTHING before I buy anything.

Also it syncs with MFP and tells you the calories you ate from MFP and then will correct a workout if MFP gives you more calories burned or less calories as well. Also monitors your sleep and such. :)
  • mboland76
    mboland76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I ordered the One on 10/2 and it hasn't shipped yet...I'm anxiously waiting. Their website says mid-November.
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do you have to pay any monthly membership to have? Online it says something about 3 months free and $6.95/mo after.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It still counts the calories you're using to breathe/live on. If you were to go all day without wearing it, the FB website would say your daily calorie allowance is like 1100 or 1200.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra and love it! I'm planning to upgrade to the One soon (Christmas gift from hubby) and let my mom have my Ultra. I have no problems whatsover syncing to the computer and immediately with MFP. I don't use the MFP exercise database anymore, just let the Fitbit adjustment do the work. I bought my mom the Fitbit Zip, but am sending it back because it doesn't do stairs (no big deal, but...) and mainly because it's not backlit and we do a lot of walking at night. I also have the BodyBugg, but I didn't care to wear the big armband and wristband. I have the IPhone 5, but haven't gotten it figured out yet for the Fitbit, although I do have the MFP app and love it.
  • yellowstonek
    yellowstonek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra. ...and I have washed it in the machine (accidently!) three times! Gotta love it and it is a constant reminder to get off your butt.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's free. They have a "premium" account available, but IMO, it doesn't look like it does much more than the free version.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra and LOVE it. It has been a real motivating factor for me to get moving. I would recommend the fitbit one vs. the ultra since last I checked they are the same price but the one has a better belt clip and can synch with some phones and is more water proof.
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I disliked my fitbit one a great deal, I mean how can a small thing like that really tell me I burned this many calories by walking when it doesn't go off my heart rate or anything else to do with my body.

I wondered the same thing! How can it calculate when it doesn't follow your hr??
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I ordered a fitbit zip and the delivery guy arrived today but I was sleeping. Soo I have to wait until tomorrow. I am looking forward to testing it out, seeing how many calories I burn at work. It shipped so fast, sent out first thing in the morning and like 4-5 days to get to Canada from wherever in the US I was surprised.

I wasnt really interested in the sleep features, I dont usually have issues sleeping. And I dont do very many stairs so I thought the cheaper zip would be a good choice.

I also wonder how accurate it is. I guess the only way to tell would be to wear it and a heart rate monitor throughout the day and compare.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I disliked my fitbit one a great deal, I mean how can a small thing like that really tell me I burned this many calories by walking when it doesn't go off my heart rate or anything else to do with my body.

I wondered the same thing! How can it calculate when it doesn't follow your hr??

It calculates what you would burn if you just sat and breathed all day...no movement....based on your height and weight.

I LOVE MY FITBIT. I'm obsessed with it. I would recommend it to anyone. I just got my sister and roommate to get one too!
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know when the Fitbit One comes out?
    @Fitbit - "mid November" @Best Buy - 2 weeks ago. Also check Amazon they had them last week.
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It calculates what you would burn if you just sat and breathed all day...no movement....based on your height and weight.

I LOVE MY FITBIT. I'm obsessed with it. I would recommend it to anyone. I just got my sister and roommate to get one too!

So it won't be accurate then if you're exercising??
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Depends what type if exercise. Ok if you're running or walking. No good for weight training. Some people have fitbit for daily activity and HRM for exercise.
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's free. They have a "premium" account available, but IMO, it doesn't look like it does much more than the free version.
    It gives access to different reports. The reports have more detail, and a comparison across a number of variables. I like being able to compare my numbers with those of similar age/weight.

It also allows you to track different custom variables: Free accounts get 1, paid is unlimited. That can be helpful when you have other things you are working on...anything you can put into numbers. There is a trainer feature that looks promising, but I have not played with yet.

So far I'm finding it worth the expense. A year from now when it is time to renew...not sure how much value it will have.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Do you have to pay any monthly membership to have? Online it says something about 3 months free and $6.95/mo after.

No. You only pay if you want the premium.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have an ultra and recently upgraded to the one. I LOVE IT. I love how it interfaces with MFP as well. If you have the budget, I'd buy the newest model. It will synch with your phone via bluetooth (if you have 4.0 or higher... my iphone 5 works great) and the vibrating alarm is pretty cool. If your short on cash, the ultra is also a great model (just without some of the fancy stuff).
    Think it needs to be 4s or higher