Looking for support / friends :)

Options
Hello all...

I've had this account for awhile, but have just started really using it. Just started training with my new trainer, and am really looking to kick things into gear. Looking to lose 5 pounds this month, and around 50 pounds overall. I'm 23, working full time, and going to school part time... my busy lifestyle is requiring that I up my energy levels, and the only way I see to do that is to actually start working toward getting into shape again. :)

Anyone in the same boat? Please add me! :)

~ Samantha

Replies

• sleepyboo89
    Options
    I'm almost in the same boat as you. I'm 23, military wife, working part time as a food service worker. So i guess I kind of understand how you feel? Lol. I'm looking to overall lose 20 lbs. I would love to lose 5 lbs this month, but I'm not holding my breath. I started my Insanity program today.
  • mancheethebanshee
    mancheethebanshee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How is the Insanity program working out? Some of my co-workers have done P90X, but they have almost all quit it at some point and fell off the wagon... I haven't talked to anyone who's done Insanity yet. I will send you an add request. :) I'm a military brat, so I know how demanding being a military wife is! Kudos. :)
  • deputybill
    deputybill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Becareful of the weigh loss programs like the high intensity P-90x and Insanity. I am on a SWAT team and we workout everyday. Two of our guys messed up their knees with those programs. Also, they are tough. Most people quit them because they are too hard and not very much fun. I have come to my own conclusion, if I don't enjoy it, I won't keep doing it. Find a reliable partner with the same goals. Look on line at beginner workout plans, there are a million of them. Stay away from the ones that claim you will be a fitness model by summer. Look at this as a marathon not a sprint. It takes time, if it happens too fast it will not be healthy and you might rebound the weight back. Beware of crash or the latest fad diets. This is an excellant site to help with that but understand that everyone is different. What works for one person my not work for you. It is a lot of trail and error. Whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP. I guess I have typed your ear off. I wish you luck and if I can help in any way don't be shy, ask away.
  • mancheethebanshee
    mancheethebanshee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments, deputybill. :) I am not going to do P90X or Insanity... I have also met a lot of people that have struggled to get through them, or who have quit. Different stuff works for different people, though! I have a plan set out with my trainer that is pretty gradual, and tailored to my fitness level :) Definitely agree with you about the fads -- not going to buy into any of them. Anyway, thanks for the comments, and for your support! :)
  • sleepyboo89
    Options
    I was a military brat too. Sometimes I think I was crazy to marry into it. Lol.

I did 1 month of Insanity and I loved it! It was very tough though. I couldn't complete the program because I had my wisdom teeth taken out and then became sick immediately after I recovered from the wisdom teeth surgery. I didn't see much weight loss, but I did see inches coming off all around my body. It's not for everyone though. I've read in message boards that a lot of people quit is because it is hard on their joints, which I understand. I don't seem to have a problem with that though :)
  • raj83168
    Options
    5 lbs/month shouldn't be too difficult. Just eating right is most of the battle, with a right exercise plan.

I am currently on a mission to lose a few pounds & gain lean muscle. Been doing a lot of HIIT & weight training on alternate days with some results. But this is the first time I am on a diet, so lots of room for improvement!

Good luck & feel free to add me!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks for friending me:heart:
  • littlemoon1989
    littlemoon1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and looking for support and friends on here as well. I graduated college in May and am navigating my way through the world as a new nurse. I lost 37 lbs 3 years ago, 10 lbs of that has slowly crept back on. Looking to lose 15lbs this time around (and keep it off) as well as incorporating more exercise. I've never been very active in the forums, always did everything on my own, and maybe that was part of why I fell off the wagon. Let's keep each other motivated!