Did you stick to MFP recommendations and succeed?

Options
molliepw
molliepw Posts: 74 Member
Hi all! I have been thinking about changing around the MFP recommendations for calories and all that, but now I'm thinking...why don't I just go off what they recommend and eat the exercise calories and that will wind up being close to my BMR. Right? I am just curious who has had success with this site by doing what's recommended on their setup?

Replies

• Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was successful by not messing with it ! =)
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i try to stick to MFP recommendations, i've lost 22 lbs, but i do exercise 5 days a week also. i think that makes alot of difference, at least for me. But this site has helped me so much1 love it.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I started with the MFP recs (1200/day to lose 2#s/wk), lost over 3 lbs a week for a couple of weeks, then stalled. Saw my doc who said 1500/day + 50-100 calories for each hour of exercise. I did that for 3 weeks with no success. I lowered it to 1300/cal per day, and now the weight's falling off around 2#s/wk consistently. Everyone is different. Everyone's got a formula, percentage, or number they're going to try to sell you. Figure out what works for you. Listen to your body, make sure you're getting enough protein, fiber, and fat. At least once a week, I make sure to get 2000+ calories so I won't stall. Whether it's pyschosomatic or not, it works for me. I run 3 days a week, eat back some of my exercise calories (not all), and try to make 90% of what I eat healthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!