Whey Protein -- where to buy?

Options
What is the best online resource for purchasing whey protein? I'm looking for cheap....

Thanks!

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Not sure about cheap, but GNC has good whey.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I bought some at Kroger today for 8.99. Haven't tried it yet though.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has really good stuff for cheap plus reviews so you are not buying crap.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Oh its kinda pricey but really good stuff. You get what you pay for ya know what I mean?
  • CamMcIntyre
    Options
    I agree with Roy. BodyBuilding's every day prices are better than GNC's Gold Card prices, IME.

I'm a total newbie to this site, but I started taking Whey in September. I have tried a few different brands. I'm picky about flavor, lactose intolerant, and am frugal.

Some recommendations:

Get the Optimum Nutrition Sampler Pack from BodyBuilding.com. It is single servings of the 16 flavors of their Gold Standard 100% Whey for $18.99 plus shipping. This way you can try a wide variety of flavors before committing to a 2 pound or larger tub.

I like Optimum Nutrition's Whey because it tastes pretty good, it's cost efficient, has nice numbers, and doesn't upset my system. The GNC Whey left a funky after taste in my mouth that reminded me of cough syrup or even mouth wash...it was NOT pleasant.
  • lalawitheca
    Options
    Meijer had all kinds of whey protein. They sell a line from bodylogix.com and some from Designer Whey. Both can be researched online if you are interested in reviews.
  • kellygirl2
    Options
    Body Building.com , or Pure Protein at Fred Meyers. I like it and it is new to the market, all natural and only things you can pronounce on the label. Which is a good sign. I liked it so much I went and bought the chocolate flavor too. 23 grams of protein per shake, pretty nice.
    Good luck, do buy a good one there is lots of crap out there.
  • _Landon_
    _Landon_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com for sure, and I would agree that Optimum Nutrition is the way to go.
    I've also tried Body Fortress from Walmart. Probably as cheap as it gets.
  • MattDustin
    MattDustin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To me it depends on how you will take it. I just put it in a shaker with water and chug it down, thats the quickest way to get it in my body. For that, I want one that mixes well and doesn't taste horrible. Like everyone has been saying. Optimum Nutrition from bodybuilding.com is great. Personally, I got the sampler and the only good ones were the chocolate flavors, thats just my opinion.

If you are mixing it in shakes though, with milk, fruit, oatmeal, whatever else you may want, then cheaper brands might work, such as brands you would find at a grocery store. The only difference I see is that cheaper brands don't always mix well in plain water, but if they are getting blended it doesn't really matter. So Optimum for plain drinking, otherwise any cheap brand if it's going in the blender.
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    Been taking whey protein for years. I have tried all the top brands and expensive ones. I did like isopure, no carbs or sugar but it was a little chalky. I switched to EAS brand six months ago and have been very pleased with no visual or physical difference for me from the more expensive stuff. $29 for 5lbs at sams club. Nice price, decent taste even with water and for me sams is right down the road.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. Very helpful!
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've bought mine in the past at GNC but recently I found that Costco had the best prices for me.
    I did research first to find out it was worth the money and so far I have been happy with it.