More Protein?

Options
Hey All!

I seem to be having some serious problems with getting enough protein in my diet without either a) blowing my TDEE and/or b) surviving on baked chicken breasts for every meal.

Any tips?

I'm trying to hit about 120 grams/day, and seem to be barely able to get up to 90!

Replies

• LeslieC1970
    Options
    I was having the same problem and have incorporated a protein shake into my daily requirements. I use Isoflex and it has 27 g of protein without much additional carbs or calories.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What do your workouts consist of?

(mostly cardio (running, biking, hiking, zumba, stair climber etc), or strength (weights....heavy weights))
  • PrettyGirlsOnFire
    PrettyGirlsOnFire Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mostly heavy lifting. My cardio is mostly brisk walks a couple times a week.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Mostly heavy lifting. My cardio is mostly brisk walks a couple times a week.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure you weren't a cardio bunny eating that much protein. Lifting is another story.

Lemon and Cracked Pepper Albacore steaks. Protein fluff (google videos on it...so yummy), Protein oatmeal, egg whites, almonds, milk!!!!milk!!!milk!!! Cottage cheese
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, same problem here
  • SadieB3
    Options
    You can drink a protein shake in the morning for breakfast. If you like protein drinks. I bu 100% whey protein strawberry and also chocholate from GNC. One scoop has 20 grams of protein. You can mix with slim milk for even more protein. I have never been able to gag down protein shakes but I think these are great. Give it a try