Slim Quick - Anybody using it? Is it safe???

Options
13»

Replies

• songbirdtree
    Options
    Slim Quick & Quick Trim did nothing for me but I would maybe recommend looking at vitamins that increase energy or are targeted toward supporting weight loss. I've also read that drinking cold water speeds up your metabolism - especially in the morning.

I hope you don't let the negative or sarcastic comments get you down considering how many people try them at some point in their efforts to reach a healthy weight range.. best of luck!
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am not looking for anything other than healthy eating and exercise to maintain a permanent weight loss. I was hoping something like this (my friend used OxyElite Pro and lost 80 lbs) would be a temporary tool to boost my metabolism and help curb my cravings while I change my eating habits. I can tell you, I took one pill so far and I haven't had a heart attack, I did notice an extra boost of energy and I did feel like my appetite was less than it's been. If it gives me a temporary, harmless boost to help me take off those first 10 lbs, then I don't see where it'll hurt. If I have any adverse side effects, I won't take it. Thanks for taking the time to comment. (BTW, I agree even if it's a "placebo" effect, if it helps me, it helps, even if it seems like I'm throwing $20 away... losing the weight and getting healthy is what is important).

there's seriously no point in asking a question if you've already decided what the "acceptable answers" are. There are no "negative comments" when you're asking for an opinion. But it's your own decision to take it, even though most of the responses have been saying it doesn't work.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but that's not what I'm looking for

How ALL of these threads really read.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys are jerks...
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I used Slim Quick and my weight loss with and without it was the same. It's a waste of money.
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    Some of you guys are jerks...

I noticed that too!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It gave me digestive issues- no thanks!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    One more comment. In any thread, if you have to ask yourself or others if it's safe.. probably not a good idea.. There is a reason it got a bad reputation for not being safe...
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The only pills that will really give you more energy and curb appetite to make you lose weight are illegal.

I have used various diet pills in the past which didn't work (definitely no curbing appetite) and they are basically a mixture of caffeine, other weak stimulants, weak laxatives and weak diuretics, having googled the ingredients in Slim Quick, it is pretty much the same, along with some b vitamins. So in my opinion it's not worth it.
    It's easier and more pleasant to add more greens to the diet, drink enough water and have a cup of coffee for the same effect.
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    I'm one of those people that you don't want to hear from...but I'm "your age" plus one, AND I have hypothyroidism.

I've lost weight here without taking supplements It can be done, age is no excuse.

You would be better off making a protein shake with skim or almond milk rather than drinking that crap anyway - have you checked the ingredients?

Sugar, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Gum Arabic, Milk Protein Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Soy Fiber, Buttermilk Powder, Potassium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Dextrose, Salt, Guar Gum, Soybean Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Carrageenan, Sodium Phosphate, Acesulfame Potassium (A Non Nutritive Sweetner) and Aspartame.

0010.gif

Not one of those ingredients will help you lose weight. You might as well be drinking diet coke
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried Slim Quick before. I used to do Hydroxycut a few months ago. I think it worked well. But now I am doing it without just because of the co$t ! And I am still seeing results from exercising and dieting alone. So I think a supplement helped to ckick start things. Good luck! :D
  • amberdragonfire
    Options
    I read that the FDA was doing an investigation into them for false advertising & consumer fraud. Same thing with that SENSA stuff....I never heard about the final outcome on either. The article never questioned its "safety" but it did question its real success.

I tried the Jillian Michaels capsules - but then saw that she also had a lawsuit that the "herbal enhancements" she used in the pills were toxic in large doses. She didnt provide adequate ingredient percentages on the packaging so you had no way of knowing if her toxic herbs were within an acceptable range if there is ever an acceptable range for a toxic plant...I took what I had left of her supplements back to the health store & demanded my money back.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did it years ago. It made me miserable, hungry and short-tempered, and gave me the sh*ts, to put it bluntly.

I'm pretty sure however from your responses on here, you will take it anyway. So go for it. You will only listen to what you want to hear.
  • jangyxox
    Options
    I bought slim quick once because it was on sale and I thought I would give it a try. I didn't even finish the box before I threw it out.
    It made me hungrier so I ended up eating more and also it has so many ingredients that are not good for you especially if you are looking to lose weight. Most of the products will have artificial sweetener and other junkie stuff that will hike up your insulin which is not what you want if you are looking to lose weight.

In summary ; didn't work for me & it's not good for you.

Hope that helps

Edit: if you want to kick start your weight loss and want to take some supplement - go to your local health food store and ask them for advice on other natural supplements like spirulina, vitamins etc
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I hope you won't find me sarcastic as I really don't mean to come across that way. I just want to say that diet fads are really not the way to go at all. They are the result of clever marketing aimed at people who are vulnerable to it. The ONLY way to make sure you lose the weight and keep it off is to eat right, exercise and maintain the changes you make. Of course, having done this before and having lost 40lbs (well done by the way), you know what it takes so just do the same again only this time make changes that you are sure you can sustain in the long term.

It seems you're looking for something to "kick-start" your weight loss and subsequently your motivation? Try making a list of your goals and what you'll do/how you feel when you achieve them. Remind yourself that you have done this before without supplements and you can- and WILL do it again. Sometimes a little bit of personal empowerment is the best motivation. Physically, you could try drinking more water? I know that will only really shift water weight but sometimes seeing that lb or two coming off can be enough to make you continue with it.

I hope this has helped even just a little bit. If i can help in any other way, contact me.
    Jx