How do you get back on the wagon after a BAD week?

Options
I have had a really bad week (food wise) and I am having trouble getting back into the swing of things. I need some ideas to help motivate me or get me excited about losing weight again. Anyone know any good tricks?

Replies

• WinwillLose
    Options
    Just do it!! Pick a program and plan...go shopping for healthy food and plan on not eating out. And don't let your next bad meal be more than a meal. We turn a bad meal into a bad day, then a bad day into a bad weekend till it spirals out of control. I've done this so often in the past. Find something you like and enjoy to distract you from misbehaving...do you like to work out. I find out when I work out regularly I focus more on what I eat. Mostly, I dont' want to undo the calorie burn.

Good luck! Only you can motivate yourself! Make you a stronger healthier you and do right by yourself.
  • jamie_2216
    Options
    Whenever i have a bad week i start by easing myself back into eating healthier. I try to eat better but also give myself a little room for the things i love. Like i tell myself if i'm good all week then i get 1 meal to have anything i want. I also try to remember how good i felt when i was eating healthy. I know when i don't eat healthy i feel really sluggish and i get headaches and i just don't feel good. I look at pictures of when i felt i looked good, when i was at a lower weight and it motivates me to want to be there again and fit into my old clothes that i cant fit into anymore or buy something new that i could never have fit in before. Music also makes me feel motivated. Hope that helps :)
  • drh1111
    drh1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My last week was bad. I didn't keep my diary. So, I planned to get back on track this morning. The only way that I could was to plan ahead and not give myself any options but to stay within my calorie goal for today. However, I went over about 100 calories because I made a mistake by not checking the calories in my supper before I ate as much as I did. My problem is that I could eat everything in my refrigerator and dring several glasses of sweet tea. Good luck, and I hope knowing that you are not alone helps.

One important thing that I do is to give myself one meal where I eat anything and everything that I want. One problem is that I am starving the next day.
  • uhaq1
    uhaq1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    avoid having bad weeks, by allowing ur self a cheat day once every ten days...
    thats what i do, its fantastic :)
    my last cheat day i had a chicken fillet burger and chips with some chocloate for desert
    iv lost 38 pounds and hoping to lose another 32 :)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas to help motivate me or get me excited about losing weight again. Anyone know any good tricks?

Go step on the scale
  • joymaki
    Options
    Today is a new day and I am determined to do well and make a fresh start. I will not step on the scale for a couple of days. It just depresses me and I have emotional eating issues. Thanks for your replies!