Need a hardcore kickboxing video

Options
...one that will allow me to kick the cr*p out of the air, lift my fists of furry and growl at the wall in my workout room.

(Although I do have a heavy bag and speed bag)

Suggestions?

Replies

• KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't have it myself, but I hear Turbo Fire is a beast! I teach Turbo Kick and trust me I give my students a workout!! So fun!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo, for sure. TurboFire, too, but it's got some dance in it, too. Still lots of punching and kicking.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Taebo. I have some Billy Blanks DVD's that I love to do. No matter how many times I do them I still glare and flip the TV off.
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    Lol I have turbo fire & billy blanks!!! I can't wait for les mills combat, that looks amazing
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a pretty bad *kitten* kickboxing DVD.
  • TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat available on preorder only. If you are interested, feel free to add me as a friend and I can talk to you about it. I am a fan of Les Mills workouts. Great results. These workouts are extremely effective.
  • cehinton
    Options
    I have a GREAT suggestion for you! It does require a Heavy Bag, which I see you say that you already have. (However, one caveat, its NOT a video. video is not a great format for true kickboxing workouts because you absolutely have to be focused 100% on the bag. You cannot turn your head to look at anything. Its bad for you neck, and instills bad habits, and you can injure your wrist by not hitting the bag correctly)

However, what makes this program so good (its at www.kickboxingathome.com) is that all of the combinations are REAL techniques... you know, things that would probably be effective against an opponent. There is NO fluff! AND, its 10 different workouts, so you will only be doing the same workout maybe 10 times per year (hence, no boredom).

Go to that website and read all about it and see what you think. I've been doing it straight for 2 years now and I LOVE it! Its also fun if you get a friend to come over and you lead them thru the workout with you. Just blast some great tunes, strap on the wraps and gloves, and go at it. Everything to do is spelled out right in front of you so you just read the combination as the round starts and you do it. The next round, you do the next combo written for that round. I'm telling you, its so much fun!