Jillian's Kickboxing DVD - Opinions...

Options
Hello,

To those who have tried Jillian's Kickboxing Fast Fix, what is your honest opinion? How tough is it? I'm thinking about adding this one to my Jillian collection :)

Replies

• jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think its tough some of the moves u have to pick up on cuz they are so quick. I will say I find workout 3 to be the most difficult cuz its a ab workout. I think its great and I love doin the kickboxing. You will definately work up a sweat just for 20 mins. It was definately worth my money
  • JennyS782
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you so much for your response. I love when she does kickboxing segments on her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD, but I've heard so many mixed reviews about this one that I just wasn't sure. :)
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I really like this DVD also. Not as tough as NMTZ or BFBM.
    But fun and short. Good for busy days!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    One of my faves. You can do one, two or all three workouts (I've only done all three together one time - it was a killer!). I use it now for 20 minutes of cardio after my weights on non-running days. Love that each workout is exactly 20 minutes, warm up to cool down.

As far as the moves - yeah, it goes fast and it's hard to keep up with some of the combinations at first, but you get the hang of it the more you do it.
  • psm73
    psm73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like this one!! It's great because you can get a quick 20 minute workout in, or do a couple more if you want. Each workout focuses on a different area--arms, legs, and abs. And they're set up like her other circuit training videos (four circuits, each move done twice through). Which I guess some could argue makes it less like a true kickboxing workout, but I know I'm dripping sweat when I'm done!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Do the tutorial. Practice the moves before you do the workouts. It will help a lot! I personally think it is a lot of fun. It's fast paced so you don't get bored. It's not as hard as the 30 DS, but you still drip sweat. I think I sweat more with the kickboxing than the 30DS.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I bought this DVD expecting a fun workout - it is HORRIBLE! I played the DVD once and have not done it since.

I bought Billy Blanks DVD and that is much more fun and a much better workout. It is in 10 minute segments so you can do as much or as little as you want. He also has a "boot camp" session on there that will kick your butt.

http://www.amazon.com/Billy-Blanks-Tae-Bo-Express/dp/B006HFXDZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346288407&sr=8-1&keywords=billy+blanks+8
  • cehinton
    Options
    ONLY if you have a HEAVY BAG, you will want to check out www.kickboxingathome.com
    Its a site designed to help people with their kickboxing programs (at home) as opposed to a class.
    But it can't be done "in the air", so I know it won't work for everybody.

Hitting the bag is fun! (But a lot of the kickboxing dvd's are too, so whatever you enjoy doing is what you should be doing. Life is too short to stick with an exercise plan that's no fun!)