Almond Milk, anyone??

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes that use almond milk?? I just bought some, I'm not a milk fan, don't like the taste of it. But i thought it could be kinda fun to bake with. Also, if you have any good "healthy" or whole grain pancake recipes?? Just curious!! Thanks for reading, post any recipes you think might be good!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just use it anywhere you'd use regular milk. I've never baked w/it but I do use it in coffee and cereal.

As far as the pancakes - I haven't made these but these look good:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/whole-wheat-pancakes.html#more
  • Just_do_it_xo
    Just_do_it_xo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Agree! Just use it like u would use regular milk! I love to add it to cereal and a dash of cinnamon(YUUUUM)
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk for stuff that I'd use regular milk in. I find the original/vanilla types are a bit too thick and sweet for regular-milk uses, but they're delicious for drinking alone!
  • jimmathyman
    Options
    i ruv rice with my milk
  • lulu241
    Options
    I like almond milk aswel, iv also tried hazelnut but dont rate it as much as almond. Its good in porridge or on cereal. i like to make banana and berry smoothies with it. I'll add some to any curries/casseroles etc if i want to make it abit creamier without using cream. It would be lovely to make real rice pudding with it to give a nutty flavour. Use it for anything really.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I find that the unsweetened almond milks taste much better than the sweetened ones - those with sugar added kind of have a funny aftertaste.

It's delicious in rice pudding! I just cook leftover white or brown rice with unsweetened almond milk and add cinnamon, sweetener of my choice (I like Splenda but agave nectar would be good if you aren't into that stuff), and raisins, dried cranberries, dried apricots and/or pistachios. Cook until thick and pudding-y. So good!

Fun Fact: Almond milk actually contains twice the amount of calcium than cow's milk, so your bones will thank you too! :)

It's also good in cereals, oatmeal, smoothies and really any recipe that calls for milk.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I find that the unsweetened almond milks taste much better than the sweetened ones - those with sugar added kind of have a funny aftertaste.

It's delicious in rice pudding! I just cook leftover white or brown rice with unsweetened almond milk and add cinnamon, sweetener of my choice (I like Splenda but agave nectar would be good if you aren't into that stuff), and raisins, dried cranberries, dried apricots and/or pistachios. Cook until thick and pudding-y. So good!

Fun Fact: Almond milk actually contains twice the amount of calcium than cow's milk, so your bones will thank you too! :)

It's also good in cereals, oatmeal, smoothies and really any recipe that calls for milk.

awesome! thanks for the recipe, my fiance will love that! sounds delicious and thanks for the fun fact :)