First Time New Member

Options
Hi,
My name is Melissa and I am 22 years old. I joined this community with the hopes to get a better hold of myself. I struggle a lot with controlling my eating when I feel really emotional or upset about something. I did manage to get down to 167 lbs awhile ago but then I just lost it and gained everything back. It was some of the worst times of my life.
I've always struggled with self confidence issues and I think it all stems from the fact that I just don't feel good about myself or my body. I've never had a boyfriend and I avoid going out to places like bars or clubs or even just places with a lot of people in general. I do believe that everything I feel comes from problems with my weight.
I'm hoping that losing this weight will help with my self confidence and then everything will fall into place.

Replies

• Just_do_it_xo
    Just_do_it_xo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa!
    Let me start out by saying.... CONGRATS ON JOINING MFP! Ur in the right step!
    I know exactly what u mean, I've been on a weight roller coaster all my life and for once decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I continue to have issues with my confidence being 21 5'2" and overweight. it's been a struggle!
    I'm here for support! :) us girls stick together!!!! Xo Liz
  • lilnach
    Options
    hey Melissa, I am Amanda and also 22
    Welcome to MFP, you will find that many are supportive here! I've recently struggled with depression and lack of self confidence so I understand somewhat of how your feeling. Good luck on your healthy journey. Feel free to add me ! :)
  • mia840
    mia840 Posts: 42
    Options
    That's how I was!! Crazy to hear someone say the exact same thing I once said... Déjà vu. Lol 0.o I was depressed for the longest time. Barely ever went out of my room. I was always just locked in there. But one day it just slapped my across the face. Being all alone in their just made me more depressed. BUT all that changed when I lost my first 20. My confidence went sky high.
    You can do this!!! :) looking forward to hearing your achievements :)