OH, NO SHE DIDN'T.....

Options
I just have to vent!:mad: I have this co-worker who KNOWS I've changed my eating habits and KNOWS I'm attempting to live a healthier lifestyle! Okay, so KNOWING this she comes into work and constantly brings in homemade goodies, and FORCES herself on people by insisting that we "Just try it...it won't hurt this one time!":angry: What the hell-o dolly is going on???? I've been nice about trying to disuade her from leaving her buttery, chocolately, calorie-filled, heart-attack-inducing foods at my desk, but she JUST DOESN'T GET IT!!:grumble: And, then she has the nerve to get mad when I toss the food in the trash! Daggblasted HATERS!!!:grumble:

Replies

• Caramel Cutie
    Options
    I just have to vent!:mad: I have this co-worker who KNOWS I've changed my eating habits and KNOWS I'm attempting to live a healthier lifestyle! Okay, so KNOWING this she comes into work and constantly brings in homemade goodies, and FORCES herself on people by insisting that we "Just try it...it won't hurt this one time!":angry: What the hell-o dolly is going on???? I've been nice about trying to disuade her from leaving her buttery, chocolately, calorie-filled, heart-attack-inducing foods at my desk, but she JUST DOESN'T GET IT!!:grumble: And, then she has the nerve to get mad when I toss the food in the trash! Daggblasted HATERS!!!:grumble:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well good for you for standing your ground. Eventually she'll get the message that you're serious about your weight loss and she'll stop trying to force her goodies on you. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • izzyandobo
    izzyandobo Posts: 41
    Options
    It sounds like she is trying to sabatoge you. Jealousy???
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    yes good for you! she will get the hint eventually and finally start leaving you out of the offering pool, which is actually a good thing in this case!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Tell her your health is important to you right now and she needs to respect that and at the risk of offending her or hurting her feelings you're gonna have to pass. She's get over it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'd turn it on her & ask her why she's not being supportive of you. That's cr@p! :angry:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

Just pick up the plate and put it back on her desk!
    Say no thanks, and strut your skinny butt back to your desk!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Good job!
    I have given in to the 'snacking' peer pressure too many times. And NO MORE! It's not worth the guilt later. Stick to your plan, this is what you want and you deserve a healthy future. You choose your snacks when you want them.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'd turn it on her & ask her why she's not being supportive of you. That's cr@p! :angry:

Smart! She'll probably stumble on that one!

I've been in the same situation...I noticed she didn't partake of the fatty treats she was pushing...that's what you call a "frienemy".
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options

Just pick up the plate and put it back on her desk!
    Say no thanks, and strut your skinny butt back to your desk!
    LOVE IT!!!!:laugh: I'll have to try that! She left a piece of homemade chocolate cheesecake this morning, so I'll have to sashay on over and give it back!!!!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    woohoo for your self-control!!! maybe she will eventually get the hint when you continue to throw her treats in the garbage. if not, that's her problem. she's not respecting your decision to live a healthier lifestyle, so you don't have to respect her fatty treats. keep on tossing them!!!!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    OK! Update! She left a piece of homemade chocolate cheesecake at my desk! :angry: She knows I am a chocolate FIEND, but this time...something helped me out. It was BURNT AROUND THE EDGES!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I could hear my other teammates struggling to compliment today's fat filled goody, and they sounded so FAKE!:bigsmile: I took mine back to her and politely said, "No thanks, girl! I'm too close to my goal to trip up now! But, I appreciate the thought--and it looks good!" I'm going to hell for lying....:devil:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't get it after today, you're going to have to stop being so sweet and polite...next time let her know that you won't be partaking today or ever...let her know that she is not to offer you her treats...