New to MFP!

Options
So I just started MFP and i've never done anything like this before. I'm kind of a private person when it comes to my weight, it's always something I've been embarrassed about. I initially came on here to just track my caloric intake but then started reading the posts and thought maybe my problem and yo/yo weight loss is that I don't let anyone help or encourage me. I have always been on the heavier side but have never let it get this bad before. I need to lose the weight and for once actually keep it off instead of gaining it all back plus some. I kind of like the idea that I have to be held responsible on this website, because anyone can see if i slack! Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand everything you said. One thing I like about participating in groups, is that when you post what you are going to do, you feel like you are committing yourself to them also. And you'd hate to let them down. I think that thought is what keeps me from slacking sometimes. I hope with MFP you will find all the encouragement you need! I'm pretty sure you will, I'm addicted to this and log into faithfully every morning.
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    hi there..

Gald to see you have joined. I agree with the previous post. there is something about keeping other people informed of what you are doing. If I cheat on myself then I feel that I am cheating on them.

It also helps to have a real incentive for wanting to lose some weight as this gives focus on what you need to do.

Make sure that you track everything that you do and be honest at all times with what you track. And if you can increase your physical activities to help your weight loss.

Good luck
  • lgodfrey78
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Hey I have been on here for about 3 months and I havent introduced myself either. I do know I enjoy reading about peoples success on here though. Good luck
  • Carakkm
    Carakkm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the borads. I am like you and yo yo up and down, I think if I have someone along side me going through the same thing it does help.

We will be here through the good and bad times of your journey.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Cara.