suggestions for a HRM

Options
petdam
petdam Posts: 16 Member
Reading this forum I realized that it actually is a really good idea to get myself a HRM, as many of the people here seem to have.
I was looking online but I am getting really confused.
First of all I understood that there are 3 types: the ones that you have to press your fingers on two pieces of metal to get a reading, the ones with a chest band and the ones without the chest band. If I got it correctly, the ones with the chest band are the best, so I am interested in buying one of those.
But it's a bit confusing. When looking at Polar models, they start from 60 euro (about $100). But if I understand correctly, you have to buy the chest band separately? On the other hand there is one Oregon Scientific model, that costs a little less than 60 euro and specifically states that it has a chest band and also counts calories.
Any suggestions? Anyone having a Polar HRM?
I forgot to mention that I want it CHEAP! I only care about counting calories, but not counting laps, exercises etc.

Replies

• petdam
    Options
    Reading this forum I realized that it actually is a really good idea to get myself a HRM, as many of the people here seem to have.
    I was looking online but I am getting really confused.
    First of all I understood that there are 3 types: the ones that you have to press your fingers on two pieces of metal to get a reading, the ones with a chest band and the ones without the chest band. If I got it correctly, the ones with the chest band are the best, so I am interested in buying one of those.
    But it's a bit confusing. When looking at Polar models, they start from 60 euro (about $100). But if I understand correctly, you have to buy the chest band separately? On the other hand there is one Oregon Scientific model, that costs a little less than 60 euro and specifically states that it has a chest band and also counts calories.
    Any suggestions? Anyone having a Polar HRM?
    I forgot to mention that I want it CHEAP! I only care about counting calories, but not counting laps, exercises etc.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar F6 on eBay for $85. It came with the chest strap (I don't believe you have to buy them separately). I absolutely love it and I've seen a major difference since I purchased it.
  • petdam
    Options
    I saw it on Polar's website and it seems really nice, but it costs a little less than 120 euro here in italy, which is too much for me. Plus, I don't get it, why doesn't the website say anything about the chest band? Since I can see that they do sell chest bands separately, I wouldn't want to spend all that money just to find out that I have to spend even more to have it working.