Raspberry Ketones. Are they worth it?

Options
Has/does anyone take them and do you think they work?
I have just bought some online and had a moment of buyer's remorse when I realised I hadn't really done a lot of research on them.
I've read a lot of good things about them, but I'd love a REAL testimony from a REAL person/people on here

Replies

• Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that just started taking them, she said she heard about them from Dr. Oz.
  • mallorycutting
    Options
    I would cancel the order if I were you. From my experience they are not worth it. Never did much if anything for weight loss.

Ever since Dr. Oz spoke about them in an episode everyone has been looking for them. A good friend of mine works for a GNC type store and not one customer who purchased them came back with anything good to say.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    all of that stuff is a scam.

http://www.fakefoodwatch.com/2012/05/raspberry-ketones-another-industrial.html

why not just eat real food and take off weight the ONLY proven way?

eat less. move more.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No it's more junk science provided by the great and wonderful Dr Oz, purveyor of all things diet! The miniscule diet aid of raspberry ketones is so small it's insignificant. If all this junk worked would there still be fat people walking around?
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    NO! Both my friend and I started taking them and we both felt dizzy- I dont think you can trust if what you are eating is really the real deal.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    a guy i work with has taken them and in the couple of weeks he did, he lost more weight as they are 'supposed' to speed up metabolism....he wasnt losing as much before he started taking them...but it might just be luck...he has alot to lose...
    before taking them he lost 1 pounds roughly a week, after taking them for a week he lost 3 pounds for a few weeks then it dropped back down to one pound a week

ive not tried them....
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Anything other than normal exercise and a controlled diet will ultimately lead to the weight coming back. If you have ever heard the term "Too good to be true" ..... this is it...

Personally if i want to sit around and have the jitters and feel like my heart is going to explode ..... Ill have a couple Red Bulls.

my2cents.jpg
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    No its not worth it I got it and started it! They give you a whole diet to follow. Well of course if you follow a diet your going to loose weight! I did not loose weight just taking it and not using there diet. Not worth it!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    a guy i work with has taken them and in the couple of weeks he did, he lost more weight as they are 'supposed' to speed up metabolism....he wasnt losing as much before he started taking them...but it might just be luck...he has alot to lose...
    before taking them he lost 1 pounds roughly a week, after taking them for a week he lost 3 pounds for a few weeks then it dropped back down to one pound a week

ive not tried them....

correlation does not imply causation.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no proof that they work.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The blueberry ones work better.

By 'better' I mean 'just as ineffectively'.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options

ive not tried them....

correlation does not imply causation.

i agree, im just saying what happened with one person......it was all in hos head probably, because he was taking the tablets he started doing more walking around hence the reason more weight loss....
    i wouldnt bother either...money wasting.
  • primmomof3
    Options
    I am on my second bottle and my mother is as well. The bloating in my stomach has gone down since taking them. We are both happy with them
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I read that you have to consume 2% of your body weight to emulate the experience of some rats - BUT other rats had no effect (a bit like MFP registrants, really?)

2% of me would be 2 kilos - that's one heckuvalot of blueberries
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    If calories burned are greater than calories consumed, you will lose weight. There is no magic pill. Change hurts. There will be suffering. The rewards are incredible. I speak from my personal experience.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    MEH.
  • StunningSugar
    StunningSugar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I took them with green bean coffee extract, my mom saw them on Dr. Oz and bought them for me since she has a lot of health issues not only from being overweight but also because of diabetes so she's on me to lose weight so I don't have those issues. I was on them for 2 weeks lost 12 pounds but I began to have dizzy spells and the after taste of the pills was making me sick to my stomach all the time. I stopped taking them and kept the weight off luckily!
  • KathleenH3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I am following a 1200 cal eating plan and exercising regularly on top of my very active job, so I am losing weight anyway, but I am still going to give them a try and just see for myself if they do anything. Did a lot of research after I posted this last night and the main trend seems to be they're a load of bull, but I'm one to see for myself. Not having high hopes though. :)
  • alison4488
    Options
    I started taking Raspberry Keytones 6 days ago. For the first 4 days everything was fine but the last couple of days I've been very very dizzy the whole day. I close my eyes and feel like I'm on a fair ground ride, it's awful feeling. Not taking them anymore. Beware!
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is poo.