Potential Plateau

Options
I am just finishing up week 20 of my weight loss journey and I think I am hitting a plateau. To date I have lost 41 pounds and continue to work out hard at the gym. Albeit my diet has slipped a little bit but nothing to crazy. It slipped in the sense that I have not been as diligent updating MFP with absolutely everything I consume. Over the past two weeks I have only lost a 1 pound. Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I am expecting to stay the same as last week. I am currently going to the gym 7 days a week and doing on average 45 minutes a day of hard cardio. Up to this point I have not done any weight-lifting. I am going to start a weight training program this week to see if that makes a difference. Below are some of the things that I am aware of that I can do to get over the plateau.

1. Add weights to the program
2. Change up the cardio routine
3. HITT both on weights and cardio
4. Increase water intake.
5. Tweak diet.

What other suggestions does every one have that might help me out?

Jamie

Replies

• been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Try and keep the faith ???? I know I seem to go thru a whole ebb and flow kind of thing. It's not as much fun as a steady weight loss.
    You are doing the all the right things ,,right ??? sooner or later the weight will drop again. bye ..... later
  • islandgirl3333
    islandgirl3333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a little reading about mindful eating. It seems to make sense. Sometimes I finish my meal without realizing I was even eating. The TV and or computor are usually on when I eat drawing my attention away from the meal in front of me. So basicly the suggestion is to focus on the food and enjoy each bite, put your fork down between mouth fulls. I have just started to read about it so no expert but think I am going to read a little more. I really think this will help me to enjoy my food more and eat less.