Yowza Ellipticals

Options
Does anyone own one of these machines? Looking for reviews from actual consumers. Checked the web and read alot of feedback, but some seemed to be targeted in favored of the machines by the company.

Replies

• chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Life Fitness has the best IMO. We owned a base model for a few grand that was not too bad. It lasted way longer than the Nordic track one previously. Most of the ones you can get at a department store are not made for heavy duty use. We went through 2 of them and both had band and magnet issues after a year or two.

Spend a few extra bucks.. :smokin:
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    We've been leaning towards high end models as we like to know that the equipment will last. We are not opposed to spending a few grand. The Yowza brand has receive great reviews and has great features, but I don't like to buy something I can't get on and mess with first. Life Fitness was another brand we have been looking at too.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    We have had a precor elliptical for 8 or 9 years. We love it and it has run like a champ, knock on wood.

Even though it was working fine, we paid to have it serviced this year (replace the wheels and have it cleaned). This was the first thing we have done to the machine other than wipe it down with a simple green solution. It was more expensive than most and was definitely in the few grand level but it just runs.
  • stahlsandy
    stahlsandy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We got a yowza elliptical a couple months ago. Love it. It's the pompano model. It was not fun to put together, but it was doable. Customer support was great, they forgot to send the heart rate monitor we ordered, when I called they sent it out the same day no question. I'd recommend if you don't want to spend the $$$ for a lifetime machine.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!